Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excess Fortisip

Forum Member

Excess Fortisip

My husband's been changed to an overnight pump for his Fortisip. This happened just after a delivery so I have 120+ bottles still in cardboard outer boxes with 2019 expiry date.
    I asked Nutricia to collect them for me, which they agreed to but told me they would have to be incinerated unless I could find a home for them!
    They did say dog and cat rescue cecentres might appreciate them for kittens and puppies.
    It seems a waste, I asked the hospice but they couldn't use them.
    Any suggestions?

Kernowmum

I'm sure poorer nations would be horrified by our 'rules'...

Hospices of Hope take them for Romania & Moldova, but I've no idea if they collect them or how it works. Look them up.

Am sure other charities would also gratefully accept them to use overseas.

Love Ellie.

PS. The pump is great

Forum Member
    Please may I buy these off you - my mum has been taken off fortisip by her doctor - but she is 97 and only really survives on them. My daughter may be able to collect tomorrow or I could make a special journey.

Hi Caela and welcome to our forum;

Seems kind of callous for her doctor to take her off of the only thing she's eating? Do bear in mind that there are different types and extra fiber ones so have a good look at her prescription for them.

Hopefully Kernowmum will contact you but if not or in the mean time you can buy them online and probably from a chemist.

They are around 2.30 each so quite expensive.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Carla
    Sorry for late response. My husband is in hospital again and I've not checked my messages
    Where do you live?
    I'm sure we can arrange something. I'll check my messages for your response

Kernowmum

Sorry to hear about your husband Kernowmum;

I hope he is comfortable and soon better.

Hugs Terry

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry
    It's his 6th admission since April with chest infections. He's supposed to be discharged into a local nursing home while we see what happens for a couple of weeks. He was only home 9 days this time following 6 weeks, 3 in hospital, 3 in hospice when He was ill again. Always on a Sunday so out of hours and ambulance which he finds uncomfortable and stressful.
    Nursing home have assessed but CHC haven't approved funding so we have to wait for it to go to a panel which meets Tuesday. So frustrating he's stuck in hospital on an uncomfortable mattress so unfair!
    Rant over
    Kernowmum

Oh dear;

Might be worth phoning Mnda connect and see if they can make him a bit more comfortable. Things always happen Friday evening or Sundays when there is no help accessible.

You have reason to rant, I know how stressful it is caring for someone and the shear time and work involved in getting the right help. So many Jobs worth's.

Hugs Terry

Forum Member
    How awful for you!

It seems so unfair that you have to fight to make your husband comfortable.

Really hope you get the help you need soon.
    Love Debbie x

That's tough on you both Kernow.

Get onto Patient Liaison Services in the hospital if the Ward Manager cannot provide your husband with a comfortable mattress immediately.

I hope he recovers well.

Love Ellie.