• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Hello Lynne,

Just wondering how you are getting on in your new home. I hope that the move into your new flat went smoothly and that you are pleased with your new carpets etc. Hopefully, your OT has been helpful about sorting out the problem with the wetroom.

Kayleigh x

Comment

• Lynne K
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

Hi Kayleigh. Thanks for asking. The move went ok but still lots of boxes to sort out. My OT doesn't know about the problem on the wet-room but I'll let her know. It's much easier for me here. We bought new Ikea wardrobes because they were fitted in our previous place. Mine has been built and I've filled it but my husbands hasn't because it wouldn't fit in our bedroom. He's going to put it in the other bedroom but can't yet because no room until the boxes have been sorted out. He's living out of suitcases.
      Deb, Fri and Shrew, thank you for your suggestions. My husband made a windows rubber edged wiper into something that can be used to move water. I can't use it. I roll up a thick bath mat and sit on the shower chair (that my OT brought) close to the shower head. This works to stop water going out the door but the bathmat gets sodden. I've not heard back from the Council about this. Their idea to make the non slip surface of the wet-room like a sunken small shower tray is stupid. The floor ought appear flat but all sides should slightly tilt towards the drain. Then water would find its way. Lynne

Lynne
      Last edited by Lynne K; 8 December 2018, 14:26.
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Hello Lynne,

I am glad that you are getting settled into your new home. It always takes time to get everything unpacked and placed where you want it to be. We have to be kind to ourselves about not being able to do things as quickly as we used to - these days, I find that the art of delegation is very handy!

The main thing is that you were able to get moved in well before Christmas. Will it be the first Christmas for the beautiful baby you are pictured with?

Hopefully, you are finding that the wetroom is ok to use, despite the problem with the water not draining as well as it should.

Kayleigh x
        Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 December 2018, 15:07.

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

Congrats on your new home Lynne & hubby!!

I wonder if putting a basin on the floor under your shower chair to catch some of the water would help lessen the flooding?

Love Ellie.
          ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• shrew
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2018

glad ur in Lynne, you will soon be sorted im sure x

Comment

Congrats on your new home. Sorry your wet room is not right

Comment

• Ellie
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012

Hi Lynne,

I keep meaning to ask you how your wet room is behaving these days?

Hopefully your flooring isn't being soaked on a regular basis...

Love Ellie.
                Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• nunhead_man
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2017

Good afternoon Lynne

Sorry to hear your trials and tribulations - I have been rather busy with trying to find accommodation for us so I can quite feel for your difficulties in this thread.

I too hope things are getting sorted out - we have already gone past one place, which had a wet room that was very poorly put together

Warmly
                  Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Lynne K
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2017

I know the feeling about rubbish wet-rooms Andy. Good luck with finding suitable accommodation. Ellie, our wet-room is now much better. It's not perfect as still collects a puddle under my shower chair and occasionally a bit if water trickles towards and up to the door trim between the wet-room floor and our hall carpet. But that's infrequent as I said. It's much easier to manage now. Thanks for asking. Lynne
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Ellie
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2012

Good to hear it's not so bad now Lynne.

Although my wet room dosen't flood, or even get that wet, I invested 20 quid in a good floor squeegee, primarily so my carers aren't walking wet shoes out of the bathroom, but I have to say it was money well spent

Love Ellie.

Comment

• Lynne K
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2017

Can you send me a link to the bathroom squeegee that you bought please Ellie so that I can buy one. Many thanks. Lynne

Comment

• Ellie
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2012

Other brands and retailers are available!! X

Comment

• Lynne K
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2017

Thanks Ellie. It looks like the one that my husband made from a window rubber blade wiper and a spare pole. So he had the right idea but tje rubber could do with being wider. Lynne

Comment

• Ellie
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2012

How enterprising of him

Comment

Working...
                              X