Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Housing

First on the list Lynne - fantastic! And newly renovated!

Everything crossed for you.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Lynne

I really, really hope you get sorted out soon. Fingers and everything else crossed for you xx
    Love Kathryn xx

Forum Member
    Fingers crossed for you. It will be ideal. Housing is a worry. Our home of just short of 30 years will be unsuitable when things change. Stairs, and already bathroom not working for us. Shower over bath, I have to help him in, been waiting for plumber for ages for estimate. Also we have no down stairs toilet.
    Really hope things work out for you Lynne, it will make it easier.

Forum Member
    Lynne, I so hope you get your bungalow, and quickly!
    We are in a similar situation, but we’ve managed to turn a ground floor room into a bedroom for my husband. Our OT is amazing! She’s got council workmen coming to make some small adaptations which might make life easier in the short term. However we’re having to go to the local sports centre so he can have a shower in their facilities there! All good fun.
    Fingers crossed for you Lynne! Love Jen x

Forum Member
    Got fingers and toes crossed that it works out for you , Lynne .It sounds great but I can understand how you don't want to get too excited.

Good Luck Jen and Shrew with your house adaptations. Everything seems to take forever, which makes it hard to stay one step .... so frustrating !

Stay Safe
    Love Debbie x

Thanks Debbie, Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

I got a call today from the Council admin person who told my OT about the bungalow. She's coming out with the Council OT to assess me for this next Tuesday 3pm. Fingers crossed. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Forum Member
    Hope it's perfect for you Lynne

Thanks Shrew.

There was yet another Council mix up. We viewed the property that we were given the address to and its not a bungalow but a two bedroomed adapted ground floor flat. It's a little bigger inside than a Council bungalow would have been. They had not made the front entrance wheelchair accessible but they agreed to take out the small step and make it flat. There are very few electric sockets in the place so we'll have to decide soon if we get some more added before my husband sets to with decorating. It needs floor covering throughout and we are debating whether to do carpets or laminate. I like carpets, feel more cosy to me. We go back tomorrow morning to sign up for it then it's being paid for from Monday. We have a couple of weeks to move from where we are now as rent paid up to the 10th and we could have longer because the landlords are friends. Getting out if the new place with my walker is more difficult than where we are now because it's a downhill slope. Probably would be OK for a wheelchair once it's been cleaned up between and around the flags as grass and weeds have encroached on it. Lynne