Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Housing

That's a bit disappointing Lynne but it's probably much more suitable than your current accommodation??

I agree that carpets are cosier, but wheels move easier on hard surfaces (just to bear in mind)

You're right about needing extra sockets and their position, especially in the bedroom (e.g. profile bed, air mattress, BiPAP need to all be plugged in overnight) and sitting room (e.g. for riser recliner chair) and some handy socket to charge a wheelchair overnight. I am sorry I know you don't need these now Lynne, just in case you may in the future.

Good luck Lynne.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

It will be good to get in and sorted, Lynne,

Hope that you have plenty of help moving

Love Terry

Forum Member
    im sure you will make it practical and cosy

Hi Lynne,

It sounds like the communication hiccup may have been to your benefit. Ellie is right about carpet v hard flooring. I have laminate flooring downstairs except for the bedroom and my walker is fine but my wheelchair doesn’t like carpet.

Hope you are moved soon.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry, my electric wheelchair can manage our carpet here so we're going to get a good quality plain light colour close woven carpet. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Thanks Ellie, excellent advice that I'm going to share with my husband. Thanks Terry and Shrew. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Forum Member
    Good Luck Lynne, you have been so patient.

I am sure you will make it feel like home soon and it is such a relief not to worry about stairs and steps.

Love Debbie x

Thanks Deb. I think that you're right, Lynne x

Hi Lynne

Sorry - I posted on a different thread asking about your viewing..4 years after diagnosis for hubby we lived in a house with laminate flooring and he preferred it to the carpet we have now. He complains that he gets stuck now even though it isn't deep pile. We may have to look at alternative accommodation ourselves again soon as the shower here has a deep step up and down and it's becoming a logistical nightmare. I'm sure once you're in you'll make it your own. love K xx

PS: If you need a hand moving anything please let me know. I'm just up the road and more than happy to help x