Thread: Husband diagnoaed in June

Forum Member

Husband diagnoaed in June

My husband was diagnosed at the beginning of June this year. It is so hard and I feel totally helpless.

Forum Member
    Susie, what is your husband's condition now. I was diagnosed a year ago, and condition is gradually changing. My wife has been fantastic supporting me doing things that I can do. Last week we drove to Portsmouth and went to the dockyard and then to the war memorial, to find my two uncle's names. As we were there the doctor called and we had to rush back (an hour and a half) for me to go for overnight tests in hospital. As long as I am achieving things I feel positive.
    We all send you support
    David

Forum Member
    Hi SuzieB, my husband was diagnosed in July. I feel the same way as you. It feels so utterly alien and overwhelming it’s difficult to know what to think, feel or do. However, I guess, as with all things, we’ll get used to it and work our way through. Take each day as it comes and not worry too much about tomorrow. That way it, hopefully doesn’t overwhelm completely.
    I think this forum will be immensely helpful. Take care of yourself x

Hi Suzie and welcome.

So soon after diagnosis you are both bound to be numb with shock and fear for the future. I hope you can put the concerns behind you and focus on getting the best out of daily life. We are always here to offer advice or just listen to a rant because sometimes you just have to get it off your chest.

Best wishes,

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Suzie. You have found a good place to come for a little support, advice, tips and friendship. I was diagnosed approx 9 months ago. I'd been losing my ballance for the previous 4 years. As others have already said when the horrid scary diagnosis is given it really puts both the sufferer and their loved ones in emotional turmoil. But after a short time we tend to Settle down to taking each day as it comes. Everybody has the occasional emotional breakdown, who wouldn't but most days are as normal as they can possibly be. We adjust as we go, myself with hardly taking more than a nod of acknowledgement to myself. My husband shared with me that he felt angry a couple of weeks ago. That surprised me. I don't feel angry about my diagnosis. Who would I be angry with. Anyhow being angry doesn't do anybody any good. We cannot change what's happened, nor our future, although we don't know with any certainty what our future will be like seeing as we all exhibit a varied collection of the group of symptoms that are possible. We don't know how fast or slow we'll deteriorate either. I hope that you find this site helpful. Take care. Lynne

Forum Member
    welcome , my Husband was diagnosed 17/7, its a struggle

Forum Member
    Hi Susie
    Welcome to the forum . The first few weeks are really tough we just didn't know what to or way to turn , but things settle down . You will get help and support from the different agencies , and of course this forum is a great help.

Best wishes

Love Chris