Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carers Assessment

The Mnda has some information about this and it can be downloaded from here

https://www.mndassociation.org/about...for-you-guide/

It does now work.

Look down the list till you get to carers assessment and download it .

Not applied for anything except the wife's pip and esa, been caring for her last six months full time and keep getting sick notes to cover me at work, to be honest I am not sure which way to turn financially myself as we live week to week and now my wages have been halved and they are stopping paying sick pay next month, guess I better start looking into any benefits I can get, every penny counts now, so any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
    Tim and Mary

Forum Member
    Hi Tim, You should be able to claim Carer's Allowance if you care for someone full time. Unfortunately it's only 64.60 per week but it's something. I've been claiming it since my partner was diagnosed last year.

Hi potto,
    Thank you for the advice, haven't claimed anything as I was still getting full wages and thought that I wouldn't be eligible for any benefits, but now I'm down to half pay plus they are going to stop paying my sick pay next month.
    Got to start looking into everything this week, so hopefully be able to get something sorted, only living week to week so every penny counts now
    Tim and Mary

Hi Tim,

There are information sheets on the subject and the Mnda has a person that deals with that.

Always put down the worst case on forms and when speaking to people.

If you have to do any little thing like moving the cover during the night then you are technically helping Mary during the night.

If you have to tie her shoes up for her to get out, then she needs help in order to go out.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Tim and Mary,

I have careers allowance and my husband has pip with part mobility, we have been lucky, we have a great neuro team which have been really pro-active on our part.

Terry is right make it the worst case for any questions asked, there is also council relief for disabled people which takes you down a council tax band we haven't applied for that yet but will, have a look on your councils internet site look for disabled relief.

And if you and your wife have any sort of life insurance the insurance company will sometimes pay out in cases like ours, we did and the insurance company were brilliant.

Good luck with everything,

Mandy

Thank you Terry and Mandy
    It's nice to receive information that I previously didn't know about, do all those things Terry, seems like sometimes I never sleep, only get 5 hours a night at best. I have heard somewhere that if you claim carers they pay your stamp, is paid that correct ?.
    And thank you Mandy, just been put on half pay after six months on full pay, and they are going to stop my sick pay ( from work ) next month, so will be looking I to anything I can get, got a life policy with the CWU, I have informed them about Mary but they never mentioned an early payment ( although I'd rather keep it to help with funeral expenses when that time arrives ).
    Thanks again to you both for the advice
    Tim and Mary

Hello Tim..have a look at Turn2us.org.uk...."what is Turn2us Grants Search? Our Grants Search is a tool that helps you find charitable funds that may be able to help you. The Grants Search holds around 1,500 funds that give grants/support to individuals on low incomes who may require support with their welfare needs."
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Charitabl...ants.....there is help out there and a benefits tool calculator. My family and I have had help from different charities and also my former employers have their own 'welfare' pots to assist employees in times of trouble. e.g. For people in the travel industry or their spouses there is ABTA who can help..or if you have had a work placed union that you were a member of they could possibly help too. Just pop your details into the different filters and you'll get results back immediately of the different grants/support that may be on offer. Good luck.

Xx

Thank you, will look immediately
    Tim and Mary

Mmmmmm getting page not found HTTP error 404, might just be the link though
    Tim and Mary