Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carers Assessment

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Thanks Ellie
    That link works
    Tim and Mary

Forum Member
    Hi no I haven't had a carers assessment, is it mandatory ? Liz

Ka2679
    Hi all,

I have been told several times that I am entitled to a carers assessment, but trying to find out about them and where to get one no-one seemed to know.

Staff at our hospice got in touch with the hospice social worker to enquire about this, had "fun" trying to get the social worker to come out as had to get "Permission" from my husband as he still had capacity. I wanted to know about care support and the options and at the end she said you need to tell the GP you are a carer and here is a carers assessment form and that was it!

I told the GP as instructed and was left with a feeling that they wondered why I was telling them this and to be honest I have had the carers assessment document for months and just have not filled it in, tried one time but thought I cannot answer this as how I feel now will have changed next week.

Don't know if this has helped, but I believe we are all entitled to one and that depending on how it is answered this could entitle you to some funding for support i.e. cleaner, gym classes etc But I don't know if this is dependant on your local council. I think the best place to start is your social worker (if you have one) and if you ask for one they have to give you one.

Good luck