Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holiday insurance

Forum Member

holiday insurance

hi we are looking to book for Spain 20/10 to 27/10, we have fit to fly letter. can anyone recommend affordable travel insurance company, preferably one we can book online thanjs

Hi shrew,

I use https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/ for annual travel insurance. It’s all done online.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Thanks Barry

Forum Member
    thanks again,
    just another query , we have fit to fly letter, it says needs to carry his nippy as hand luggage but doesnt need to use it, also will need assistance. can i book flight with jet2 online n tick assistance and then ring or would you do it all over phone?

Hi Shrew ,

I’ve not flown with Jet2 but Easyjet, Ryanair, Flybe and Thomas Cook all have the facility to request assistance online. Remember not to pay for your choice of seat as they will be allocated anyway.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Shrew

It would be worth contacting these two companies:

https://www.fishinsurance.co.uk
    https://www.insurancewith.com/

who both provide travel insurance for special medical needs.

Bon voyage!

Doug

Forum Member
    thanks everyone, nearly ready for booking

Forum Member
    Hi Shrew,
    I might be a little late with this. Sorry ! We have a yearly travel insurance policy with Aviva, which covers European travel. They did ask detailed questions about how MND effects me and it had to be done over the phone but it was around 150 pounds. However I have to get in touch every time I have a hospital/doctors appointment in case things change.( They might get fed up with me alway on the phone )

We have booked online with Jet 2 but then I ring the special assistance line to ensure they know what assistance I need and what equipment I am taking. They do seem to be helpful and efficient.

Have a lovely holiday ... You deserve it !
    Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    We went with ‘insure with ‘ very reasonable and everything covered, good luck.

Forum Member
    thanks so much, bless him he’s been looking at accomodation all day. Our daughters want a hot tub. off topic he went to nurse at our surgery today for his blood test for rilozole? nurse had no idea what mnd was