Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diagnosed today.

Forum Member
    Welcome Lisa

You will find lots of great support and advice here.

All the best to you in the days ahead.

CCxox

Forum Member
    Hi Sue, and thank you xx yes, thatís exactly it. I suspected mnd 6 months ago, and had my diagnosis from the registrar 2 months ago but you canít do anything with an informal diagnosis. Iíll now be able to apply for a disablity adapted housing before I need it which will help my daughter adapt to the change I think. Well, it also takes ages to get and I know my legs are starting to be affected so thatís definitely for the best! I have very steep stairs in my flat.

Forum Member
    Thank you CC, very much appreciated xxx

Forum Member
    Hi Catsparkle. If I can just add to the wonderful words here, keep strong and be positive. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. MND is a pick and mix condition. No two people get the same version.

Forum Member
    I needed to read that today, thankyou Ali_Chris xx Lisa x

Forum Member
    Hello Catsparkle, Shrew, and others sharing devastating feelings after the diagnosis of MND. Sometimes the fear of the unknown is worse than the unknown, MND is so varied and confusing, the affect is vastly different with so many strains, life expectancy and personal progression. It is important to take advice and plan to have things put in place whilst in the early stages and still relatively fit.
    ( like having a spare wheel you may never need it but having it gives you some peace of mind). I found the local motor neurone disease association, and this forum best for advice because of its honesty and understanding.
    As full time carer for my Wife I would have been lost without their help.
    You are not alone, I and many others have you in our thoughts, Peter X