Thread: Driving with mnd

Driving with mnd

I decided to drive again . Anyone know what forms I need from dvlc . I know I need neurologist to sign . Had a go in automatic I am sure I can manage that but I am having a few lessons it's very strange being back behind wheel after 5 years off

Hi Kevin;

Have you let your driving licence lapse?

If so I guess you have a provisional and need to pass the test again.

Love Terry

You got any more bad news terry . I don't think your right my mate let his run out he just applied and got new one but that was a few years ago hope things not changed .

Hi Kevin;

I hope I'm very wrong. Things don't seemed to have changed much.

Good luck, love Terry

Hi Terry
    I got slow progression but that's not no progress it's always a bit . I think swimming helps me I swim 3 times a week and swim a mile . It can not be all I had some one from our group who came to same pool and swam with me . They died . Buggered if I know why we all so different .
    Interesting though I laid on with swimming last Christmas increasesing number of lengths and session times my breathing got so much better . Last test I blew 103 % increase was 27 % that staggered all in chest clinic . Now I think that's swimming but bear in mind it's a bricklayers opinion

Kevin

Hi Kevin;

I used to swim but my movement was getting poor and I could not control when I breathed. I used a snorkel for a couple of year and swam by a rail along the length of the pool because when I tensed up I could not get my feet on the ground. There was also a risk take I could just roll over. I nearly drowned once in a spare in 3 feet of water, no one thought I was in trouble but after a short while someone lifted me up. I didn't take in any water.

Quite funny, I was thinking about the rough seas I swam in and the distances that I used to go. When I was ten I swam a mile and got a certificate.

Great that you can swim so well. It's so hard when someone close to us with Mnd dies.

Keep regular and stick with laying bricks.

I will have to stick with my gym.

Love Terry

Terry the bricklaying went first its unsupported bending. You are unable with mnd . It's walker only for me now I just lost confidence with sticks . Good tip weights in walker I got from u thanks for that one

All the years I have been posting about a gallon of water in your walker and very few people have said that they have do it or similar, Kevin;

Lynne also said that she had done similar recently but unfortunately she fell over with her 3 wheeled walker with some weight in it.

The Mnda wanted someone to swim about five months ago in London somewhere, I believe in a dock.

Love Terry

Dew to domestic pressure I had to fill ballast bottles with sand it's still you idea . That dock job would be a no go for me I get hoisted in and out of water and not good with cold limbs just don't work

Surprised you didn't use bricks, Kevin;

Still you must have some sand laying around.

I think that they would help people with what ever they needed but maybe a heater that heats the water infront of you is asking for too much. The thought of trying to get a wet suit on and swim is mind boggling.

I'll suggest that they fly us down to the Med next year and you can tow me along for a mile.

Love Terry