Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hubby has MND symptoms but no diagnosis yet.

Thanks Kayleigh and Shrew. My husband is still poorly, he's just not himself, he has a 'vacant' look about him. I think it's maybe his medication, he's had 8 days without his Sertraline so I'm thinking this is why he looks strange. It's confusing! Tonight a nurse came to see him from ICU as he was breathing hard and panicking through being in pain when the nurses turned him and his back was so sore, so they gave him some oxygen and did his observation then took him for a CT scan of lungs and stomach and stopped the oxygen. I will be relieved when he's at Salford as they'll know what's what concerning mnd patients as it is a Neuro hospital.

Thanks Kayleigh, Yes, my daughter lives with me and another daughter across the road from me, and a son 20 mins away also a few neighbours who'd help me if needed. It'll be 2 weeks on Monday he's been in hospital, I miss him at home, but I know he's in the best place at hospital.

Hi Twinkle,

It's common to get withdrawal symptoms, including agitation and anxiety, when Sertraline is stopped, often worse if stopped abruptly.

Has there been any mention of using BiPAP to calm his breathing? Lorazepam is commonly used to relieve anxiety in people with MND.

I hope he is on a pressure relieving mattress?

Best to you both.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Ellie, I'll mention the Bipap machine when I visit today, the nurse has said that he's now got a chest infection from being in hospital and is on anti-biotics, pneumonia was mentioned. That would explain the breathing, tight chest, confused look, extreme fatique.

Oh, Twinkle;

Hope chest is soon better, he can do without that especially this time of year.

Love Terry

Hi all, My husband has a lung infection and sepsis, he's so ill, he's in a good place here on the Cardio - Respitory ward. He's been in hospital now for 15 days. He's on NIV and his breathing has settled down. No food as of yet, a dietician has been but not sure what they'll do. My husband's Neurologists colleqeue has been to update me. There no PEG or RIG or any sort of feeding tube operation until he's better.

Hello Twinkle..I'm sorry to hear your husband is so poorly. My poor mum (no MND) is also on ICU at present with kidney failure and hasn't eaten for days. She too has a dietician visiting tomorrow - they are talking about a nasogastric feeding tube for her. Obviously she doesn't have swallowing issues so I have everything crossed for her that they can get some food into her. She weighs seven stone 9lbs at the moment. Don't mean to prattle on about my problems in your thread but the similarities of ICU and not feeding hit home then. I'm totally frazzled and my other half has just thrown me a filthy look because I forgot to give him his rilozule tonight

Oh boiler,

Fancy forgetting the riluzole, can't he remind you. Quite funny, I have probably missed five in nine years but one of those was Sunday, I went out and thought that I had a couple, either in my bag, in my wallet or in my small wheelchair bag.

But no, I guess that's my wife's fault to.

Love Terry

Hi twinkle,

Is his septus in his lung and will the same antibiotics deal with it.

If he is not eating then I guess he is being feed and watered by a nasel tube.

Hugs Terry

Forum Member
    So sorry that your Husband is so unwell Twinkle, hope anti -biotics kick in soon and he starts his road to recovery