Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diagnosed with MND on 10th September

Thanks about eBay cheap ramps. But I couldn't use them here because the biggest problem is at the end of our path (it isn't really a path. It's flagged right across the front over what was originally a little garden and a path the same height). There is a 4 or 5 inch step down onto a fairly narrow ie one and a half flag width. So not able to get off there and no turning circle. We can build a ramp that gets to the height of the pavement earlier so a bit more space to turn. But I heard today from my OT that she's been speaking to someone about our rehousing and there is a 2 bedroomed bungalow being renovated in Radcliffe that would suit us. Fingers crossed that we get it. It'd be a nice early Xmas present. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne
    Good luck with the rehousing . I hope you get something sorted out soon . I don't envy you at all having to move house . years ago I did it many times but not now !!
    Fingers crossed for the bungalow in Radcliffe
    Love Chris

Oh Lynne, wouldn't that be fantastic!! Well worth the trauma of moving house to get a much better living environment.

When will you know?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Thanks Chris. Ellie, we haven't been told how long we have to wait to find out, nor how long the bungalow will take to refurbish. It's been on my mind constantly since yesterday when I was told about it by my OT. We're downsizing so it would be difficult but easier than downsizing severly to a one bedroomed which our local council thinks would suit us. It definitely wouldn't because of all of my current equipment and the certain prospect of needing more stuff later. Thanks anyway Ellie. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.