Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes!

Annie

You say you have no feeling in your left foot. May I suggest you get that checked. MND affects the motor neurones, but the sensory nerves are not normally affected. It's one of the odd quirks of the disease! So there might be something else going on.

Doug

Forum Member
    Hi Doug
    Thank you for your suggestion. I have met MND local and regional people for the first time this week. I am being referred to various medical tests - feet being one of them. Annie

Forum Member
    Hi Barry

Would you be able to upload a photo of you ankle brace so I can have a look? I have braces for both feet as my ankles are very weak but they are more like space boots which are really uncomfortable and donít fit into any footwear

Thanks

Jen

Hi Jen,

I have two types which are both made by Aircast. The black one I wear outdoors because it is more rigid and the white one is more difficult to get on but it is more comfortable. They have slightly different fastenings but both are Velcro. I can wear most types of footwear but for me I love sketchers.5203A43F-6FFA-4505-81BC-02F42EEBA895.jpgA1F5FADE-BBAB-4B80-AE22-201E3AF20214.jpg
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Jen,

I wonder if the OT/Physio in your Clinic would give you a better ankle support than your current, unsuitable one?

Some of the ones available online are moulded at a 60 degree angle (which might not be right for your ankle) and others are adjustable.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    Hi Barry, thanks for the pictures, they look a lot more comfy than what I have!

Ellie, I have an appointment in Nov, with my physio and the foot people to get it sorted it’s been a complete nightmare, I’ve gone through 5 different braces and now because all are unsuitable I can no longer walk as I can’t weight bare on my foot....feeling sad!

Forum Member
    Hello. I had a foot massage and a reflexology session in the past 3 days, and my feet are far less cramped and sore. Maybe worth having one or both of these if you can acceas them.

Hi jnB,

I do miss a good foot massage, it was so relaxing and afterwards my feet felt lovely and moved, unlike the planks of wood.

Best wishes, Terry