Thread: Watch our new awareness raising film

Watch our new awareness raising film

The Ride

Imagine a terrifying rollercoaster ride that slowly paralyses you. Every turn and loop brings you closer to death. Now imagine being forced to ride it.

There is no known cure for motor neurone disease (MND). We want to change that.

Visit takeovermnd.org to find out how and help us #TakeOverMND

Forum Member
    Where is this going to be shown publicly? I hope it raises awareness and opens discussion about this dreadful living death.
    My only comment about this hard-hitting advert is that this poor sufferer is shown living in an open-plan home suitable for his condition. The majority of us do not have such suitable accommodation which makes living with MND all the harder.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annb View Post
    Where is this going to be shown publicly? I hope it raises awareness and opens discussion about this dreadful living death.
    My only comment about this hard-hitting advert is that this poor sufferer is shown living in an open-plan home suitable for his condition. The majority of us do not have such suitable accommodation which makes living with MND all the harder.
    I watched it and its laudable. MNDA and the research centres are doing all they can to unlock the enigma of this disease. And they have to keep going on. I however am despondent and pessimistic. I cannot see any significant treatment breakthroughs on any horizon, near or far. I am sorry for my pessimism.
    Charles

Forum Member
    The rollercoaster represents a very terrifying ride, but in my opinion for the average person not familiar with this disease, and the devastation it can cause unless affected by it, I didn't think the rollercoaster ride shed light on the illness itself, and all those impacted by it.

If the goal of the video is to bring awareness to the public, I’m not seeing how it did that.

xox

I too am wondering when and where it will be shown, anybody know? X

Forum Member
    I dont quite understand what its aiming to achieve-it indicates that the disease has innocuous starts, that progress can be very rapid and it can happen in mid age , thats its a frightening 'ride' and that the person with mnd is a object of pity..its a shame he didn't use an eyegaze to say thankyou to his kids.
    It doesnt explain what it is (which it could have done with a half way shot of him explaining to kids they'll have to hold their homework up to him as the motor neurons aren't making his muscles move anymore (something i have to explain to my daughter)). I have mixed feelings about this, I would be concerned that my daughter would see it tbh but then i so far have relatively slow progression and am in the earlier stages of the disease.