Thread: research results, sounds interesting

Forum Member

research results, sounds interesting

September 7, 2018
    Source:
    University of Utah
    Summary:
    Scientists report for the first time that a protein, called Staufen1, accumulates in cells of patients suffering from degenerative ataxia or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Depleting the protein from affected mice improved symptoms including motor function.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0907135917.htm

Sounds good. I hope that they quickly act on this and do more testing to the stage of double blind tests with ALS patients. My husband said "unfortunately that'd come too late for you my love." Let's hope not. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Sounds promising, unfortunately the time it takes to research, the time it will take to come into use and cost will all be factors too, unfortunately I have to agree with Lynne's husband, it will take to long for those suffering with this awful disease at the present moment it time it will come to late, but hopefully future suffers will be able to take advantage this and eventually a total cure will be found
    Tim and Mary

Forum Member
    Hello
    The research sounds very interesting, but we need a cure soon
    Chris