Thread: Hi im steve

Forum Member

Hi im steve

Struggling to get my head around my dads diagnosis currently in hospital but wants to come unfortunately his wife, my stepmum claims she cant cope and doesnt believe the help and support offered will be enough! Heart wrenching situation

Hi Steve, So sorry to hear about your dad. My son is 29 soon and he's struggling to come to terms with his dad's diagnosis.
    As for help, well, we've been inundated with help from professionals. They're all very nice people and efficient. Our Dr got the ball rolling 1st, maybe a month ago now as hubby wasn't even diagnosed.
    Hope your and your family receive some help.

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear about your father's situation. I guess he has had Mnd for a while and suddenly his wife is over welled with all the stresses and strains of being a carer and probably not so much a wife.

It might be good for you to phone Mnda Connect and talk it over with them.

Please feel free to ask any questions or share things with us.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hello Steve

What a horrible situation for you all, particularly your Dad. I hope you get the right support going forward. I'm a carer for my husband and this forum has helped me immensely so keep in touch. There's lots of good advice, support and tips (and humour) for yourself, dad and stepmum if they want to come onboard. Best wishes. Xx
    Boiler xx

Forum Member
    Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and comments