Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When you have just had enough

Forum Member

When you have just had enough

I'm currently sitting in hospital , broken. Why? Because I have no one to look after me and the local authority want to put me in an old people home. I'm only 45. My wife has had enough looking after me and we have a 1.5 year old as well and who can blame her. I've had carers but they haven't been reliable. I have no one and don't have the luxury of ending it as I am paralysed. So I'm stuck here in this endless nightmare day after day thinking I just need 3 minutes to choke but my body won't allow it and fights against it. Jeez even my own body is not on my side. I'm not depressed I'm p****d off and just done now. What is the point in living when you aren't even living in the first place. Yes I breath but that is it.

Forum Member
    Bless you, surely you are entitled to live at home with round the clock care? no one should be forced into a home

Hi LV;

Sorry to hear of your situation and it is one that some of us fear. Wish I could help and wonder if Mnda connect could possibly help in any way and help you fight for a life worth living.

It is annoying, (to mild a word) that they force us to live without giving us any quality of life.

I know it don't help, but hugs, Terry

Forum Member
    Hi I really feel for you although I don't know what to say to you. Your situation is heart-breaking and unbelievable. No one should be treated like this just because you are paralysed , you still have a brain ! I am really sorry

Love and hugs x

So sorry to read this. I don't know what to say about your situation, but if you want a chat about anything msg me please.

Forum Member
    Hi LV

Your situation sounds unbearably cruel. I hope you can find the support you need, and the love and comfort you deserve to have.

You will find great advice, support, knowledge and friendship from the folks on this forum.

God Bless and the very best to you
    CCxox

Hi Lv, so sorry to hear about your situation. Carers ought to be there for you around the clock by the sound of it. I understand your unhappiness about the suggestion that you ought go into and old people's home at the young age of 45. Could a hospice nearby fit you in to give your poor wife some respite and time for you both to work out what's best in future, how ever long that is? I wish that I could be more helpful. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 7th October 2018 at 11:42.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi lv73 I hear you loud and clear. I wish you peace like I wish myself that peace when the time comes. We who are fast progressives, I presume you are to ? looking at your join date are hard to help as the system seems to roll slowly. My take anyway. Your poor wife and your child in your mind all through this trial and what a trial it is. I wish you well somehow you most certainly need an Angel from somewhere. You are not alone, I do so to.. TIANDB

Forum Member
    Thanks everyone. I was diagnosed August 2016 and nothing could have prepared me for this. I have battled every step of the way with Fife Council who seem to have the mentality of just leave her long enough she will die soon anyway. I tried to get ahead of it by getting a Rig fitted last year but ended up with pulmonary embolisms then months later it fell out and couldn't go back in. Have had a nightmare with catheters and only last week went to the hospital to ask about a suprapubic one only to be told there is up to 30 week waiting list for it. I had the urge to laugh thinking I could be dead by then. So this is what I have been reduced to.

Forum Member
    Hi Iv73,

I am so sorry for the heartbreaking situation you are in. There are no words of comfort but I am thinking of you and hoping there is some support and care for you soon.

Love Debbie