Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric curtain closer

computatec

Electric curtain closer

I need to find a cheap reliable electric curtain opening and closing device as I can no longer do this by hand. Does anyone have any advice about this please? It is about 3meters wide and the curtains are2 meters deep.

Clive

Batty
    Hi Clive, You should contact an OT to get an environmental control(such as Possum) which will help you control more things in the future.
    Regards Mark

computatec
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Hi Clive, You should contact an OT to get an environmental control(such as Possum) which will help you control more things in the future.
    Regards Mark
    That's a very good idea Mark. We already have too many twitchers / remotes to handle so we don't need any more. Thanks!

Clive

angnmick
    Hi Clive
    Marks right Possum do incorporate their control system to also close the curtains, as they asked if Mick needed that but he told them thats what i'm for LOL so get onto the OT, they will definately sort it out for you. xx Ang

computatec
    Thanks Dave, the Eeziglide should do the job.

Clive

luce
    Hiya Clive

you say you have so many switches and remotes.... can you operate them? push the buttons? lift the weight? turn the key of the door? get out of bed to switch the light on etc?

My mum has possum and it is programed to switch the light on, TV, DVD, photo frame, CD player, dim the light, answer the phone, speak for her with a few key phrases etc, and in a fortnight it will open her front door for her

hopefully you will not need possum but it can make dealing with all the gadgets easier- having them all operated from one easy to operate control

luce

jadedjohn
    luce

that sounds wicked! - how much is it though?

john

Batty
    Hi John,
    Environmental controls are free and not means tested, and should be available through your DSC.
    Regards Mark

angnmick
    Hi John

They have kitted Mick out with it, just so he didn't have to hand over the TV remote to a woman lol, and its so easy for him to use, you need to contact your OT and they contact them for you, its given Mick a bit of his independance back. xx Ang