Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do my symptoms sound familiar

Forum Member

Do my symptoms sound familiar

Hello everyone
    I am awaiting test with my neurologist and I am sure I have symptoms for mnd and was hoping someone could help put my mind at rest or confirm my fears. I have quite bad twitching in my right thumb that anyone can notice and itís been going on for a few weeks now. My fingers are sore in both hands and also my wrists and also get pains in both arms. My bones all over my body seem to now crack and that is something that has just started happening I have a sore shoulder that has been there for a week or so now and I feel my muscles are tired but havenít noticed any weakness yet
    I would appreciate anyoneís opinion and I hope to hear from you
    Thanks

Hi Wecky and welcome to the forum;

Doesn't sound like the start of Mnd to me.

I hope it's not but there are many other things it could be.

Best wishes, Terry

No Wecky, that sounds nothing like a neurodegenerative disease.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thank you for your responses
    I feel slightly better reading your replies but still worried about my tests
    All the best to you both in the future

Forum Member
    Hi, I have the exact same symptoms, almost identical! mine came on a few days after my dads diagnosis so maybe anxiety? for the record I too have been a little worried especially after my dads diagnosis

Best wishes

Forum Member
    I thought I would put on a bit more info
    My fingers are sore at the joints and the muscles the same with my wrist and I get pain in them even when I am sitting not moving them
    People talk about stiffness and I feel that’s what mine feels like but then wonder would I feel them being sore if I wasn’t even moving them
    Does the weakness come before the stiffness or do your finger get stiff because they have been weakened? My doctor mentioned carpul syndrome but then saw the twitching in my thumb and then changed her mind also the pain on my arm can be on the top of the forearm so didn’t think that would be that either
    Thoughts are with you and your dad

Wecky,

You are not describing anything like a motor neurone disease.

You describe painful joints and painful arms - not MND symptoms.

Twitching is so prevalent among the general population that it is mostly meaningless.

Keep working with your doctor, but you have not described symptoms anything like symptoms of an MND.

Best wishes,

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Ellie
    Thank you for your response
    It can be such a nervous time for people as I am sure you are well aware and your words are a comfort to me keep safe and best wishes to you

Hi Wecky
    Nothing like the symptoms my wife had, and can't say I have heard of these symptoms before for a MND sufferer,
    Tim and Mary

Forum Member
    Hi
    Thank you for your response it was my doctor that mentioned it so that’s why I was referred to neurologist but waiting time is not the fastest in particular I experience bad pain in a finger when it is pressed or I use it and my fingers are very stiff at times along with pain and what feels like weakness in my wrist someone mentioned anxiety but doctors referrals really plays with your mind
    All the best wishes to yourself and Mary