Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do my symptoms sound familiar

Forum Member
    Wecky, I do feel for you, and I understand your frustration. But really, your symptoms sound nothing like MND. Fasciculations happen all the time to many many people, but very few actually have MND. Pain is also not a part of it. Whatever is happening to your body, you need to try and be patient and wait to see what the doctors say. And STOP worrying! It doesn’t help, it doesn’t change anything, and it just makes you feel worse! Best of luck

Forum Member
    Hi all
    I have been in here a few times asking about my symptoms and so far no one thought I had mnd I now have a date for the neurologist for the 30th which seems stil far away
    At work today I had some issues with my wrist and fingers and wondered if anyone could give me any advice my pinky finger and one next to it became quite stiff and had a feeling like they were sticking together I actually licked between them as it was that kind of feeling worse in the left more than the right but still in both hands and my wrist became quite stiff and weird feeling even tho I don’t use much time in a computer my two fingers felt weak but I could still use them
    They also feel like they are curling in
    As I said I am still to have my tests and if these symptoms are relevant are they expected so early on
    I was also wondering if the loss of the use of your fingers was a gradual one or do they just stop working instantly apologies if that is a stupid question and thank you for taking the time to read my concerns
    Best wishes

I can't comment on your symptoms I'm sorry. But with mnd everybody is different. Some start off losing tongue strength so speech goes first. Others start like me losing their ballance, others start with fingers or feet and ankles. Progression also varies. My fingers weren't first to go and for about eighteen months the fingers on my right hand have been getting progressively weak. But I'm still typing this with my index finger. My little finger is very weak and curled. My left hand is starting to show slight signs of weakness. Some people completely loose the use of their hands before their legs or speach are affected. I could go on, but I guess that you get my point. Good luck for the 30th. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hi lynne
    Thanks for taking the time to respond
    I do believe this is the start of this and it’s a scary time as I am sure you are well aware
    Best wishes to you