Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad year just got worse

Blimey Terry, that's a rare collection of misfortune.

Noted what you say about your middle finger - was reflecting with my acupuncturist yesterday about how motor neurone disease seems to hit muscular structure with no regard to mechanical activity - especially that one of a pair of opposing muscles gets hit and so the other one operating normally has a real chance of twanging whatever it is if you're not careful - as I discovered to my own discomfort in the gym

Can only suggest you keep strong and hope for a better year.

Warmly,

Andy
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time Terry. Hope you get the good luck now that you so deserve.
    Lots of love and hugs Helen x

Oh no Terry,
    Let's hope things are on the cusp of turning. You are definitely due some better luck.
    The day you are not so upbeat is a worrying day for all of us!
    Thinking of you,
    Marigold

Sorry to hear of your latest woes TC

Don't write off having the finger repaired until you know what it involves - short term pain, long term gain and all that...

And as for the gym, well, you must have used up at least 5 of your 9 lives in your quest to be the next Mr East Anglia

Take it easy Sweetie, you're too precious to me!!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

thanks everyone;

Update, been to the hospital again today. We didn't think that a repair would be feasible and they would not cut the thing off.

So the outcome is that it is going to be left as it is. Doctor reckons that the top joint will fuse straight in five or ten years and the pain will go in a few weeks. I'm not over confident of that.

Still if it does fuse straight, at least I can pick my nose again.

LOvd Terry

Marvellous Terry and to think the doctor gave you 10 years lol.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Ellie;

You are a little precious to me, as well.

I reckon that I've used up 14 of my 9 lives chimp, so many close calls especially in a car. And others in Fire brigade, swimming with sharks, on motor bikes and whilst building. That reads quite good if you take the comers out.

Hi Barry;

He gave me longer than ten years, just that it might take the finger that long. It does make you laugh though, we told he that I have MND.

On wards and upwards.

Love Terry

Hi Terry,

Onwards and upwards is the way to go but it seems for me it’s onward followed by downward. 3 falls in a week and this morning I took a tumble on the kitchen floor which resulted in a trip to A&E. 2 gashes on my head and a few stitches plus no doubt a black eye tomorrow.

I know what you mean about a bad year and I am totally fed up with this disease. I sat on the kitchen floor for half an hour before I was able to haul myself up but I couldn’t stop the bleeding so I called a taxi to get to the hospital. I know I shouldn’t complain as there are many of our friends in a worse situation but I had a meltdown in A&E and couldn’t stop sobbing.

Maybe it’s time to accept my wheelchair permanently.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hello Barry.

Boy you and Terry have been in the wars this week. I hope you both feel better soon. Lots of love to you both xx

Oh Barry, I am so sorry

Big hairy hugs.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.