Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Hello I知 Douglas

It's good to hear that you are home Douglas. I expect you could have done with some of that Fortsip after having to wait in the ambulance for so long!

I hope you are enjoying your home comforts and hopefully everything will go smoothly with the carers from now on.

.... and yippee - no more bland hospital food!

Love and best wishes to you and your wife,

Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Glad you are finally home Douglas. What a day you have had.
    Best wishes Sheila.

Forum Member
    So glad that you are finally home. Take care x

Hope you have the basic things sorted at home Douglas;

It's must be so hard for you both to be home for a few days till you get things in place.

Best wishes, Terry

Hi Douglas,

I'm pleased for you that you are finally home. I hope everything is slipping into place for you.

All the best,
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Hi Douglas,

So glad you're home .. Theres no where like it . I hope everything is in place for you and that you're both managing.

Love Debbie x

Hi Douglas,

How are things with you. Hopefully better, we would like to know.

Love Terry

Hi Douglas,

I hope you are enjoying your home comforts and everything is going smoothly with the carers.

Love and best wishes to you and your wife,
    Kayleigh x

chrissie here

Hi, everyone
    I am Douglas' wife/carer (although it appears not a particularly great example of the latter&#128558. Douglas came back into Wythenshawe hospital on Friday evening - his CO2 readings were apparently too high to be measured and he has an infection in one of his lungs.

He was stabilised in the Resus ward and has now been transferred back to the Ventilation Unit, oddly into the very same bed he was in before. The readings are still higher than they like but are coming down and he is on anti biotics for the infection. We don't know how long he will be in for.

The doctor seems to be saying that if he relapses, they will just keep him 'comfortable'😥.

As you might be aware, Doug was determined not to return to hospital. But I have no Power of Attorney and he seemed to be completely unresponsive so I had no Power to stop them taking him - but the worst thing to me was when he indicated this morning that he had been completely aware of what was going on but was completely unable to communicate😢😢😢

Sorry to hear that Douglas is back in hospital, Chrissie - it's very distressing for you to hear the "make him comfortable" phrase...

Hopefully those antibiotics will do the job. Is he linked to a hospice? They might take him and treat his current infection - they're much different places to hospitals (in a good way!) - and speak to you both about symptom management & future care.

When you say Doug was apparently unresponsive when the paramedics were at your house, but was aware what was going on; do you think he was just 'zonked' from the infection / CO2 retention? I presume he would normally be able to move his head (yes/no) to indicate he didn't want to leave home - mind you, that'd need to have been followed by a chat with them which maybe would've been difficult.

I am sorry to bring this up but have you and he had a conversation about ongoing treatment?

You're doing a great job caring for Douglas, in very difficult and challenging circumstances - you're an unsung hero.

Please give Douglas my best.

Big hug to you.

Love Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 15th September 2019 at 14:02.