Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carer is making me ill

Carer is making me ill

I have 2 male carers visit me 4 times daily

The problem is one of them is dirty in his hygiene

He has 5 cat's that never go out and when he visits me his clothes have cat hair on him
    I spoke to him very nicely about the cat hair on his clothes and he started raising his voice and says I don't come here to be embarrassed by me

I bought him some lint rollers so that he could get the hairs off but instead of saying thanks for them and I will them ! he shouted at me and my partner saying how dare we try to embarrass me and I am not going to use them

I phoned the office and they said they would talk to him about it

For so long I have been telling him and his office that the cat hair is causing me a lot of problems with my chest and it causes me to violently cough and cough for so long after he has gone

His office keep saying that they will talk to him about the hair and we asked if they change him but they say that they don't have anymore carer's that can come to me

I have been told by his coordinator that he is being pulled into the office and will be talked to by management and risk assessment

So I guess it is a wait and see what happens after their major talk

Regards
    PB

Forum Member
    refuse to let him in. your house your rules. I wouldn't let him in.

Good luck PB, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    I can't understand why his supervisor or management haven't seen how un hygienic he is arriving for work.

This is why I think the uniforms shouldn't be worn at home.

I hope the situation improves for you. X

Your carer would not be allowed in a food factory like that so why should he be allowed in your home. Many people have an allergy to cat fur (my wife included) and I have seen the effects of exposure. Make this point clear to the agency and insist they find a replacement.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Yes I agree with you Bernie that a supervisor should do an unannounced visit but they don't

And a uniform would be great plus it makes the carers tidy and look more professional

Regards
    PB

Yes Barry I agree totally with you

The company keep saying that they have no one else as I need male carer's because of the lifting me etc which is not suitable for most of the female carers

I have even spoke to the CHC and they have spoken with the company and yet it is still happening

Regards
    PB

Forum Member
    Hold firm PB.

Don't allow this carer back into your home as IV73 suggested. His inconsiderate behavior, and attitude towards you is completely unacceptable.

If he shouted at you he is in the wrong profession, and you shouldn't have this carer anywhere near you. He detrimental to your health and well being.

Maybe MNDA can help assist you with this issue ?

Wishing you the best.
    CC xox

Update …
    My carer was called into the office and …

he told them that he wears clean clothing everyday (lie)
    he brushes his clothing with a lint roller before coming to me (lie) because he would not have cat hair on his clothing

I have been told by his office to give it a week and if the problem is still happening then they will have to do something else
    why not try something else now !!

I am going to contact the MNDA and see what they can do for me

Thanks to you all that have replied to this post

Regards
    PB

Hi PB,

He does not seem to be the right person for you now anyway, and how can he be a carer when he does not care. After he did not take your comments the right way your relationship is on a slippery slope.

Contrary to others, I would not lock him out as it could make that company withdrawn from providing care and might tell others.

I believe that so people get two female carers in when there is a certain amount of heavier work.

I hope that you get a replacement very soon.

Love Terry