Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ropinirole hydrochloride

Forum Member
    I read and shared the article on this but have been refused this drug for my husband on the grounds that it is not licenced for MND. Fru

Fru, it's licenced for use in RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome - which some people with ALS develop.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Fru.
    If it was your MND consultant that refused try your Doctor or vice versa. I had to talk my Doctor into it well slurr him into it ha.
    It is not an expensive drug and you start on a really low dosage 0.25mg and slowly build up. My legs are easier to manage while in bed since taking but early days as yet. I am just up to 2mg taken before sleep that is the recommended for restless leg although you can go up to 4mg ( parkinsons users can go up to 24mg ). Take care.

Forum Member
    Thanks TIANDB, I am seeing my GP in two weeks time (that's the wait here) and I will have a go at getting then. Fru xx

Most welcome. I have an e-mail contact with my Doctors due to my voice issues and confined in my first floor apartment. I seem to get quicker service that way although the only medication I am on from the Doctor is Ropinirole ( 13 Days )
    Best Luck.