I’d thought I’d post about my blog again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onein300
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2015

It’s my living with #mnd #als post. This week pollution, watering cans, adventure, cheese and more!
    “What is Lee on?” I hear you asking? “What the ‘salami pizza’ is he going on about now?” There’s only one way to find out, my vulnerable and most delicate readers. Venture into the deep dark,…

Comment

• Deb
      Forum Member
      • May 2018

Thanks for your very entertaining blog Lee. It's always a good read.

I really agree with the part about boycotting inaccessible restaurants, especially when they say they are but have a couple of steps. It sounds like a great trip, however.

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Onein300
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2015

Hi readers! I am back, onein300 with my living with #als #mnd usual fare post. A second will follow tomorrow on research for the aficionados of science and wonder. But for now, it’s just my usual life rubbish!
        Hi readers! I hope you had a great summer. Yes, I am back, onein300, with my summer summary post marking my return to regular musings and ready for an exciting autumn! There is nothing much going o…

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Hi Owen,

Thanks for keeping us in loop.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Onein300
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2015

Hi readers. It wet, it’s Monday and you all need a bit of cheering up. So why bother reading my #als #mnd blog?! However, it is my regular jibberish so I hope it helps with your coffee and or commute.
            Hi readers! To get you in the mood for this week’s jibberish please watch/listen to this amazing version of the Rolling Stones anthem – Jumpin Jack Flash! This cover is 40 years old itself! G…

Comment

• Onein300
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2015

Hi readers.

I have just published my 4th post within a series of “devil is in the detail” posts on MND Research in my onein300.com blog.

This one is all about the calls for early access for unproven treatments. Please keep away from sound bites, and listen to the experts.

Social media with its short loud messages can draw us into things too easily.

Here’s the commentary. It’s long, but I hope you enjoy.

This week’s research commentary post title is as about as mystical as it gets! Why are some things just the way they are? Why, for example, do ATMs (cash machines) return your card before givi…

I will be back soon with a more typical onein300 living with MND post!

Lee

Comment

• Onein300
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2015

My latest onein300 post

Morning readers! Mad, mad, mad. What a thought!

Comment

• Terry
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

Hi Onein,

People often think that I am mad, with my emotional troubles, weird facial expressions not being able to talk and being in a wheelchair. So I play along and make some sarcastic comments until intelligent people realise that I have a brain.

Looks like a lovely ex Ash tree, great wood for burning or wood turning.

You could get upto date with a door camera and speaker, so you can relax there and do your stuff.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2017

Many thanks , as always, Lee for your thought provoking blog, and especially for the link to the Bledlack paper on plateaux in MND - very interesting.

Doug
                    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Onein300
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
                      Many thanks , as always, Lee for your thought provoking blog, and especially for the link to the Bledlack paper on plateaux in MND - very interesting.

Doug
                      Doug oh yes the data on plateaus and quite long small improvements in the natural course of our disease has huge huge implications for trials.

I will write about some of these in my final devil is in the detail post next week.

But in short you need to be able to separate these effects from potential drug beneficial effects. Researchers are very aware of these but most of community are not.

It makes the detection of true drug effects, except in miracle drugs, a mine field!

Lee

Comment

• Onein300
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2015

Hi readers! My final serious post of 2019, and my final devils is in the detail commentary on #mnd #als research. I should be back with a more typical fare post before Xmas!

Solid foundations are crucial in all aspects of our world and lives. I never fail to notice that when a new housing area is under development there is an inordinate amount of time where nothing app…

Comment

• Onein300
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2015

Good Saturday folks! It’s my first musings of the year on my #als #mnd blog Onein300!
                          Here’s to 2020 and all who sail in her!

Good day, readers! At last here’s my holiday season scrawl! Actually, it’s now a New Year post. I was all of a fret because you didn’t get a Christmas musings from me! Unfortunately things totally …

Comment

• Onein300
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2015

Good Sunday readers! I’m back with a new onein300 blog post. Apologies for absence.
                            This week, limits! Enjoy.

Hi, readers! Onein300 here! This is my first real post of 2020! Apologies for my relatively long absence. In a time where we are in the midst of a potential worldwide Coronavirus pandemic there has…

Comment

• Onein300
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2015

My latest blog guys. We have to keep our sense of humour!

Hi, readers. I guarantee that this post is 99.99% Coronavirus free! There are some slight and appropriate references. You all need a break from the current, albeit very serious, mayhem, and onein30…

Comment

• Shaun
                                Forum Member
                                • Jan 2020

Hello Lee , thanks for the 'The Gift' of your blog, just to keep the Paul Weller theme going,
                                Just to ,'start' it's good that you have 'All mod cons' that keep you 'Mr Clean'
                                'that's entertainment' for a quiet 'Monday' ( know it's sunday, artistic licence)
                                Shaun
                                Yes, a fan of the modfather
                                As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Working...
                                X