Thread: comedy section needed

Forum Member

Lightbulb comedy section needed

I was on the forum last night , just browsing and reading the various sections and posts on just about everything, just like a majority of the members here do.
    There is terrible readings with members at the advance stage of MND , and I will be there soon but not yet. the problem is after sympathetically reading posts from members who are in an advance stage of MND I felt down and slipped into the wee dark place most of us can .
    The Motor Neurone forum is a wealth of information and advice but there is some dark readings. I suppose thats the reason I dont want to attend any coffee mornings , you can see the future. .
    Can I suggest to the Mods that we have a comedy section where members can post jokes or funny things that have happened to them , favourite comedy sketches, Im sure it can be uplifting .
    Members thoughts are welcome.

Hi Billy,

Your comments about a comedy section are valid and we do have the occasional humorous post but for the many members of the forum they want practical advice or moral support. I agree we can sometimes find ourselves in a dark place and often humour can help, I find this when watching comedy on tv.

I recommend you attend the regional meetings and maybe your apprehension about seeing others in different stages of disease progression will be lifted. Our group made this video for just that reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca7C...&feature=share

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Most people who attend support groups are not in the later stages. The coffee mornings, lunches etc are a useful way to share experiences but also to share jokes and laughter. It's worth giving it a go.

Hi there Billy,

There is a thread called 'need a laugh' in the 'Off Topic' area, were jokes and funny stories are shared. You can find it here:

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...7-Need-a-laugh

Keep it clean folks!

I just watched your video Barry. Shame that it's out of my area. I have hesitated attending any groups because I fear that it'd make me feel downcast. But your video was upbeat. I wonder if other regions groups are similar. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Like Lynne I have just watched the video and it made me feel positive and hopeful. I too have hesitated about attending groups and MND clinic , as I was trying to take one step at a time, not literally unfortunately.
    Thanks for sharing this Barry , I am going to look at groups in my area.
    Love Debbie

Good luck finding a group Debbie. Please let me know how you get on. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.