Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accessible Travel.

Forum Member
    Apologies again for those of us who are unable to travel or be out and about !

I said I would post detais of the hotel we stayed in because it was very accessible. It is the Princess Yazia in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. We had an adapted suite and the hotel was very happy to provide extra equipment like a shower wheel chair. There is wheelchair access or a hoist to the pool and they are able to raise the height of the bed, if required.There are ramps and lifts everywhere and the sea front is very flat for a wheelchair or a scooter.

We booked through Jet2 holidays. I thought the journey home could go pear shaped and it did as there was a storm in Lanzarote with all flights cancelled. Jet 2 had two plane loads of people to find a hotel for and although we had to wait they managed to find us an adapted room with WAV transfer to and back to the airport next day. They also made sure there was someone to help hubby with luggage, scooter etc. A huge thumbs up to them !

I was really anxious about the holiday but we felt really looked after, throughout and we even managed to laugh when the flight was cancelled.
    Love Debbie x

I think that jet2 did well, Debbie,

Life is hard enough when things go right.

Love Terry

Thanks for letting us know your mystery location Debbie!
    I’ve heard of that hotel , good to have it recommended.
    Sounds like it ticked all the boxes. Hope the sun shone for you x

Just arrived in Lisbon to board our cruise ship bound for the Canary Islands. Heathrow was great with a wheelchair roll on to the aircraft via the bridge. Not so good in Lisbon as we transfered via the amblulift which travelled 500 metres and then I had to climb onto a minibus to the terminal.

Now relaxing for 10 days.

Best wishes to everyone.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Have a lovely holiday Barry.
    Best wishes
    Sheila x

Forum Member
    enjoy your cruise !

Hello Barry,

I hope you and your lovely wife have a great time on holiday.

Thumbs up for airport assistance - but a shame that access onto the minibus wasn't so good.

Enjoy a relaxing time while you are cruising. I hope your cabin is comfortable and that the food, drink and entertainment on the cruise-ship are all very good.

Love and best wishes,
    Kayleigh x

Morning all,

We are at sea for 36 hours on our way to Madeira and I can report that the Atlantic is rough. As many of you know I can fall over even on a level surface so this is going to be a challenge.

Last night we met Michel Roux senior and he and junior are in charge of 70 chefs cooking for 750 passengers. We talked about my love of cooking and he told me about a recipe for Parmesan crusted halibut which I will try when we get home.

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry,

Take things easy on those choppy seas! Perhaps there is a wheelchair you can borrow until you get to calmer waters?

How wonderful to have met and got recipe tips from Chef Roux senior. Did you get a photo with him?

Sounds like a great cruise already!

Take care and have a great day.

Love,
    Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Sounds Great Barry,

Enjoy the sunshine in the Canaries and all the lovely food.. You need the calories ! Just googling Parmesan encrusted halibut.

Sorry about your bus transfer and the rough seas, however but I hope it is worth it .

Love Debbie x