Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knickers!!

Forum Member
    Not side fastening but another alternative for those of us at the "hands dont work properly will I get there on time!" moments..more expensive than gigglebuddy but more colour/style options and a 30 day trial or return offer! (??!!)
    https://www.modibodi.co.uk/product-category/underpants/
    (theyve been advertsing these to me on facebook for ages! )

Forum Member
    Hi totally agree Knickers are a nightmare when your hands don't work properly. They curl up and the time when you leave it too late Oh Gosh it's not a good thing to do. Feeling very scared my other hand is getting weaker and thinking ahead to when I will need help to totally dress, feed and care for me. It's great to have this forum to get the support and advice. We need to invent some fashionable practical knickers Go Go Girl Power!

Hello all,

I have seen plenty of dressing aids advertised on the internet for putting on socks, tights etc and I was wondering if one exists for pulling up knickers/pants. Anyway, I found the 'Sliplift Pants Aid' but I am not impressed with the price though - even without the VAT, the price is pants!.

To see a picture of the contraption and what it costs, please click on the link below:-

https://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/cl...nformation.htm

Love,

Kayleigh x

Thanks Kayleigh;

Good to see alternatives and it would be good for some of us to help get them over the feet and upto the knees.

Love Terry

Thanks Terry,

It does look useful - but maybe it should have bells and whistles on it for that price!

... and In the spirit of equal opportunities, here is a picture of the same thing but 'modelled' by a gentleman this time.

https://www.essentialaids.com/sliplift-pants-aid.html

Kayleigh x

P.S. looking forward to seeing your festive avatar!
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 29th November 2018 at 22:24.

I'd have no problem pulling them up if only I could stand! It's just awkward for carers and husband trying to pull up or down when going from chair to hoist then to toilet.

Hello Pink,

You make a very good point about the limitations of the 'pulling-up contraption'. It is a little expensive anyway (for what looks like a bent piece of wire) and so I might save the money instead for any future purchase of velcro undies.

In the meantime, I could always try making a 'pulling-up contraption' out of coat hangers????!!! Oh dear, sometimes the wacky world of MND!

Hope you are having a lovely evening.

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th November 2018 at 00:14.

Forum Member
    You'd still have to get them onto the contraption and be able to pull anyway! So maybe not an MND type aid

Thankyou for the heads up though Pinkelle, I'll hunt around for easy un-do pants for the future, my legs are quite spastic now and I'm starting to get twitches, so it's on its way..

At the risk of sounding rather 'cheeky' ...... if what they say about men who wear kilts is true, we could follow their lead - and this would irradiate the 'knicker' problem completely (might be a bit drastic and draughty through!).

http://www.underwearfordisabled.co.u...ni-Brief-.html

Someone found this site for me. My friend is going to adapt mine like these!