Thread: Mnd?

Forum Member

Mnd?

Hi all. I am writing this on behalf of my wife (43). She has been experiencing some odd symptoms over the last few months and is worried that she is developing MND. She has been to her GP and has had a few blood tests and an MRI but there is no diagnosis yet. She is getting intermittent 'tightness' in her arms and legs. She has also experienced some twitching/tingling (it all started with a twitch in her eye which went on for more than a week). She still has full mobility and has not had any problems such as tripping or opening jars, etc (she stumbled when she got out of bed at 5am this morning but anyone can do that at that time of the morning!) The symptoms come and go - she can have 2-3 days of quite noticeable muscle tightness/aching followed by several days where she only has very slight feelings in her arms/legs. Having looked online at MND symptoms it doesn't seem that what she is experiencing really fits but she is a real worrier. I'd be interested to know what other people think.

Tingling points away from an MND.

What is the GP saying? Has she been referred on?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie. The only suggestion from the GP is vitamin D deficiency though her levels weren't that low. She's got an appointment on Weds to discuss the MRI though she's assuming that as it was several weeks ago and the GP hasn't contacted her that there won't be much to report. She hasn't said too much about tingling, it's been more twitching and tightness. It's very odd as she didn't feel great Weds/Thur, felt much better Fri/Sat and today doesn't feel great again. There's a history of auto immune issues in her family so it could be something related to that.

And symptoms which come & go also point away from MND.

I hope you both get some answers on Weds, if not, a referral on.

As you say, auto immune issues do run in families.

I hope your wife gets favourable answers.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Mikematt;

It does not sound like typical Mnd symptoms. Given that there is a history of other things running in her family, it is possible that it's something to do with that.

Best wishes, Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie & Terry

Thank you both for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Mike