Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhittya Regenerative Medicine

Forum Member

Zhittya Regenerative Medicine

Dear all, I have been put in touch with the CEO of this company who is very excited about his trials on Parkinson's disease which he believes can be directly related to ALS. Trials are starting in the US early 2019 with a drug called FGF-1. This drug stimulates nerve growth and blood flow to the brain and ALS is high on his list. He has emailed me personally and his enthusiasm is infectious. Sign up for the updates on ALS as far too much to put here.
    https://sites.google.com/view/pdzhittya

There's hope folks x

Forum Member
    Hello
    Good luck and report on the progress of the medication. Is it a tablet or infusion etc?
    Chris

Thank you for alerting us to the trial of a new drug for Parkinson's disease. Hopefully, it will be successful!

Although the CEO thinks the drug can be directly related to ALS, I wonder if separate trials on ALS would have to take place before it could be considered for ALS patients?

Best wishes

Kayleigh

Thanks for the info, jerry,

Fingers crossed.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Kayleigh, FYI >

Update #12-as of December 17, 2018 from Zhittya

Preface

Hello friends, supporters and potential participants in our upcoming clinical trials.

In this month’s Newsletter, we will update you on our upcoming speaking engagements and presentations, as well as the status of the clinical trials.

First, we are putting the final touches on our application to the FDA to begin treating subjects with Parkinson’s disease. We are working to finalize the patient consent form and the IRB (Institutional Review Board) forms with the clinical research organization who will supervise our trial. We then will be ready to file the entire application (over 1000 pages) with the FDA and our target date is still by the end of this month. By law, the FDA must respond to us within 30 days, so in January 2019 we should know the response and we pray we will be able to start the study. We will keep you all closely informed. We are also working hard to complete the next two IND applications that we will be filing with the FDA for patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Alzheimer’s disease.

Let’s move on to our schedule of upcoming events and presentations. Our recent November 16th presentation at the Las Vegas Country Club was a resounding success and we thank all the participants who attended and contributed to what was an engaging and high-energy event. The audience also got to hear from our neurologist, Dr. Simon Farrow, who will be the Principal Investigator for our upcoming clinical trials. As he emphatically stated at the luncheon presentation: “Let’s get these trials started!”

You can subscribe to the newsletters by contacting Dan Montano <dan@zhittyamedicine.com>

Regards Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Thank you for alerting us to the trial of a new drug for Parkinson's disease. Hopefully, it will be successful!

Although the CEO thinks the drug can be directly related to ALS, I wonder if separate trials on ALS would have to take place before it could be considered for ALS patients?

Best wishes

Kayleigh

Hi Jerry,

Many thanks for the update about the clinical trial. It was so kind and thoughtful of you to provide the information that answered my question about whether separate trials would take place for ALS patients. It is wonderful that there plans for trials to include ALS and Alzheimer's. Thank you for sharing this good news with us!

I hope all is going well for your Christmas celebrations.

Very best wishes to you and your wife.

Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 20th December 2018 at 20:45.

Oh exciting news just as a thinking point Parkinson's and Huntingdon's can both come under MND so not a huge jump to trial on ALS

Forum Member
    Hi
    I understand that there is a trial for a drug to treat Parkinson's which could help with MND , but the two illnesses are not related . I asked my neurologist when I was first diagnosed because my dad had Parkinson's and wondered if it was genetically linked to MND

He said it was definitely not

Let's hope they do find a drug soon that considerably can help MND

Love Chris

Dear Chris

Quote Originally Posted by raymond View Post
    I asked my neurologist when I was first diagnosed because my dad had Parkinson's and wondered if it was genetically linked to MND - He said it was definitely not
    The fact that there is no genetic link does not mean that there is not a similar process going on where the motor neurones are affected.

My understanding is that the damage to motor neurones in Parkinson's is in some ways similar to the damage in motor neurone disease.

So if the drug for Parkinson's can support motor neurones in the spine and brain then it may be of some use?

With warm wishes for a peaceful, productive and positive 2019

Andy
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

I would presume (maybe too optimistically?) that the Zhittya scientists would not recommend carrying out the drug trials on ALS if there was zero chance of it being effective.

Maybe I have too much of a 'blue- sky' view about this, but hopefully this drug will give us at least a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Merry Christmas and very best wishes for the New Year.

Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 21st December 2018 at 18:47.