Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wheel chair v Riser recliner

Hi Lynne,

I hope all goes well with your operation, and that you have comfortable recovery in hospital..

Kayleigh x

Hi Lynne,

I think you're doing the right thing re dual motors - even if you don't think you'll use the separate functions right now, you probably will at some stage. I'd hate to see you spend money on a short-lived solution!

The problem with the single motor is the footrest and backrest operate together, so you can't just put your feet up without reclining and vice-versa, but you can with a dual motor.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    hi lynne, always go for a double motor, a single is doing all the work and won't last long.
    dave.

Forum Member
    I agree - double motor.

Hi Lynne,
    Looks like dual-motor option is definitely very popular!
    I hope everything went OK for you in hospital this week.
    Best wishes
    Kayleigh x

Thanks Ellie, Dave, Miranda and Kayleigh. I sent the scanned invoice for a dual motor chair to my OT as an attachment but the Council site won't open it. So I've got to scan it again and make a PDF to send to her. I'll do that whenever I get home, hopefully midday tomorrow. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Lynne.
    I didn't realise that you are still in hospital - I hope you are being made comfortable and that you are being looked after well.
    Kayleigh x

Lynne, if you have trouble scanning the quote, there's an excellent App called Genius Scan for Android or iOS. It will scan the document as a PDF and is easy to use.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Lynne;

Sometimes I scan as a picture and send that. I am probably thick, (no comments please) but my scanner doesn't seem to save as a word document.

Love Terry

Thank you all. I came home from hospital yesterday afternoon. I'll sort out the chair quote later today. I fell at home last night. Really hurt operation wound, hopefully that I haven't damaged it. Its been more sore over night. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.