Forum Member
    hi lynne
    im so glad that you are at home,
    hope you not in to much pain from your fall
    love
    emma x

Forum Member
    take care x

Thanks Emma and Shrew. My wound was very sore overnight and this morning. I took 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen and after 20 or so minutes if I don't bend forward I feel much more comfy. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne,

What a hard time you're having ! I do hope you feel better soon.
    Take Care and stay safe.
    Love Debbie x

Hi Lynne,

Welcome home.

Sorry to hear about your fall - that must have really hurt, and was probably a nasty shock for you.

I hope you are getting plenty of rest, and relaxation and that you have a speedy recovery from your operation.

Take care,
    Love Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Hi Lynne,

Just wondering how you are getting on after your fall? Hopefully, you are OK and are having a good rest, so that you can recover from your operation.

Hopefully, not long until you here back from the MNDA about funding for a riser/recliner - I expect you could do with a comfy chair to relax in!

Love
    Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Hi Kayleigh. Thanks for asking. You are a star. I did hurt my wound when I fell but it's settled down quite a bit since. I think the wound has an infection because it's red and stings so I photographed it and sent it to the nurse who visited me today. She looked in a rush and didn't see it but told me to send her a photo. About the rise and recline chair: my OT said that she couldn't open the attachment that I'd sent her (containing the quote) because of the Council's security settings. She asked me to send it again as a PDF. I'm going to do that shortly. I'm looking forward to getting a comfy chair but I expect that it will take a month or two to sort out. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Thanks Debbie. Sorry for the delay in replying. Lynne x

Hi Lynne,

It's a shame the nurse was in a rush - hopefully she will be able to see you again soon - just in case wound is infected. You may need to get something prescribed to clear any infection up - last thing you need at the moment is pain from an infected wound!

Sound like riser/recliner will take some time - but hopefully you will get one next month, if not before then.

You are probably having to stay indoors at the moment to recover, but it's quite chilly outside today anyway. There's never much going on for me in January/February and so I am looking forward to the Spring.

I watched new series of 'Grantchester' on Friday and 'Cold Feet' on TV last night - both quite good, and at least they make a change from the quiz shows I usually like to watch
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 15th January 2019 at 18:20.

Hi again Kayleigh. My nurse is coming again next Monday. I haven't heard back from her yet about the photo that I sent her. I sent the PDF version of my chair quote to my OT about 90 minutes ago. I too hope that I get a chair by next month. I'll send you a pm now. Lynne x