Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My darling Peter

Forum Member
    So very sorry , Twinkle to hear of the loss of your darling husband.

Thinking about you and hoping you have love and support around you .

Love Debbie x

Hello twinkle,

I’m sorry to hear the sad news about Peter and please accept my condolences. I hope in time you can reflect on the happier times in your lives since recently we know you have struggled.

Best wishes.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Oh Twinkle, this is such sad news. My thoughts are with you tonight. Best wishes always, Fru

Hello Twinkle..please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your dear husband. Your love for him shone through in your posts and I hope that you and your family find strength in each other in the coming weeks and months. Take care Twinkle.
    Rest In Peace Peter.

Xxxxx

Thank you all for your messages. Although Pete was only diagnosed on 3rd October we feel he had symptoms from Sept last year. Thank God for mobile phones as we're a video/photo taking family and we have about 20 videos and over 100 photo's of Pete from last year. You can hear and see it all started in Sept last year.

Kayleigh, We're definatly a cheery family!, even at the end of Pete's life we all was laughing and telling him we was bringing in our Christmas dinner. It was our wish to make everything as normal as possible. I played with his Santa beard lay cheek to cheek and talked sweetly to him when he last took his breath, he was sedated, and I hope he could hear us. I've read that the hearing is the last thing to go and I wanted Pete to hear us in a normal way instead of crying. Of course we've all did our crying afterwards.

The nurse cut locks of Pete's hair and put them in little sympthany bags for us all, she also rolled ink on his full hand and gave us all prints of his hand which I'll treasure forever.

Btw, my name is Maxine

Thank you for your poem Kayleigh xxx
    It made me cry, but not with sadness, but with the love I feel for my darling Peter and that you took the time to write me a poem.
    Thank you very much xxxxxxxxx

Hi Maxine,

That's very touching.

Hugs Terry

Hello Maxine (Mrs Twinkle),

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful messages. You are so generous to share your precious memories of Peter's final hours.

I remembered that when you recently posted a message of condolence on this forum you were also thoughtful enough to include a beautiful poem, and so as you probably like poetry, I wanted to write a poem for you. It is so kind and thoughtful of you to let me know that you like it. Thank you xx

It is a blessing, and hopefully a comfort to you, that your beloved husband drifted away peacefully and that he felt no pain.

It is wonderful that Peter's final hours were filled with the love and tender care of his family, and that you all ensured that he was surrounded by joy rather than sadness.

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 6th December 2018 at 02:47.
    July 1969 science enabled mankind's first step on the Moon.... over 49 years later and sadly still no scientific breakthrough to cure MND.
    Trying to take one day at a time ..... but it's not easy!

Thanks Terry and Kayleigh. My darling was a brave fella, always thinking of people besides himself. He even wanted to organ donate but they politely refused because of his MND.
    I do believe in a spiritual world and I'll be looking for signs from my darling.
    Does anyone know why there isnt a In Memoriam section on the website?

Hi Maxine. Your ideas for Pete 's end of life and what the nurse did for all of you were lovely. It's not good that Pete deteriorated so fast but it sounds like he couldn't have been in a safer wrapped in love space. Thinking of you all at this sad time but please take some comfort from his you sent Pete off. He was a lucky chappy to have you. Love Lynne xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.