Thread: Archiving PMs

Archiving PMs

I've had an email from MNDA saying my inbox is nearly full and that I should delete or archive some messages.

I can see no way of doing this. Can anyone help me with detailed instructions.

Many thanks!

Doug

Doug, I don't know of an archiving option for PMs - does one exist??

Here's what I do... Download what I want to keep - select some PMs, click on "Selected Messages" then choose the format in which you want to download them - I use "Download as TXT" - then I save them to my PC.

Or you can cut & paste the body of text in any PMs you want to keep a note of and save to a Word document for future reference.

Would either of those options work for you? I'll try to find out if there is an Archive facility.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Brilliant Ellie! As always. Thank you.

Downloading as txt files will be fine.

Don't struggle over the archiving option. I'm not convinced there is one. But I have also emailed MNDA directly to check.

Doug

Hi doug,

I think that you have to do the in box and out box separately but the method is similar.

Go to your in box and select the items you want to delete by clicking in the box on the right hand side of the messages.

Then go down the page and you will see a box with selected messages in. Click on that and you will get options, one of them is delete, select that and then proceed.

On the email that the Mnda sent you, you will have the name of the person who did not succeed in PMing you so you can tell them, that you have space now.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Who needs hands that work when you've got eyes

And what a lovely set of eyes you have.

The Cat

Ditto your paws. Long may they last... xx

Many thanks Terry!

I would never have found the drop down under selected messages.

But it's looking as though archiving is not the answer. Fifty messages seem to be the limit whichever folders they're in.

I'll export and save.

Thanks

Doug