Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Given up walking outside

Yes I got a powered chair several months ago. I cannot go out with it yet despite being in a supposedly adapted flat. There's a step up on the way out and two bulky strips across the threshold that cause me trouble getting in and out with my walkers. The Council OT told us that they were going to send somebody to assess for a threshold ramp as a temporary measure and they were planning on putting in a new door and making it flat access no steps or bulky strips. The OT is off sick so not heard anything more about it. About my powered chair. My hoist in my motability car that I paid 200 towards can lift 100kg. Wheelchair Services knew this. But they gave me a chair that weighs 124 or 126kg. I'm tired, been awake since 5am so memory a bit iffy. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Got my wheels walking is so much easier with it. Got a letter today from neuro pt dated 20th they received a referral (yeah it was emailed on 5th) they will phone to arrange an appointment so next year then.

Lynne, that must be very frustrating to have a powerchair that you can only use indoors at the moment - hopefully they will sort the ramp out early next year.

I hope you have a restful evening.

Kayleigh
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Hi BN,

It is great to hear that you have already received you order and that the 4-wheeler is working well for you.

It is a shame that local authorities are not as efficient as Amazon! In an ideal world, we would be allocated a budget from our local authority to spend on basics like walking aids so that we could order them ourselves as and when we needed them, rather than being held up by beaurocracy/red tape (but, in reality, I know that I can 'dream on' about that idea!).

Happy rollating!

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 21st December 2018 at 21:06.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Thanks Kayleigh. It is frustrating indeed x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Lynne this place is going to get a ramp from door to main path getting rid of step at end and mountain at the threshold question is when mean time I am prisoner here. Unless my daughter takes me out