Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Apparently I am a f****** idiot

Forum Member
    Hi. Yes I struggle with husband and occassional bad temper. Things can get fraught - but i dig deep for patience. Not easy.

Hi CarerD;

Long time no hear from you, D.

If it's occasional, then there's probably nothing damaged by Mnd in his brain. I can be a bit aggressive, mainly through frustration but I have learnt and control it better as time goes by.

Has he tried Antidepressants?

Hope things improve and try to stay calm.

Love Terry

Hi Carer D,

Things can sometimes get more difficult between partners, following a diagnosis of MND. As Terry has already said, feelings of anger/aggression can be due to frustration - possibly, about no longer being able to do the things that we used to do, and because we can't Iive life exactly the way we want to.

There is so much to come to terms with. I have found counselling very helpful, and this may be something you are both able to consider trying, if you haven't done so already. Many local hospices offer a counselling service.

I find that the more support I get from people, the easier it is to come to terms with things. There is a wealth of support available from the MNDA, at local hospices, at local MNDA group meetings and, of course, from the wonderful folk on this forum. Having the occasional 'rant' on this forum can be very therapeutic - I find everyone here is extremely supportive and understanding!

Best wishes to you and your husband,

Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th January 2019 at 22:16.

Hi Boiler,

Just wanted to get in touch and ask how things are going for you and your family.

I remember that Mr Boiler wasn't well recently due to severe back pains. Hopefully, his GP was helpful in finding a solution for this - and I hope Mr Boiler is feeling much better now.

I hope that you and your daughters are well.

Love to you all,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th January 2019 at 20:07.

Forum Member
    If I swore at my wife she would cut off my testicles with a rusty spoon and feed them to the dogs

Quite right too, Jonboy! (there is a no-swearing rule in my house, as well) - but your poor dogs, having to eat 'them' for dinner!

Anyway, I am sure that you would never swear and that you are always the perfect gentleman - just like the Jon-boy in The Waltons!

How are things going at the Hospice today? - hopefully you are being looked after very well.

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 14th January 2019 at 16:49.

Hi Boiler,

How are you? I hope you and your family are ok, and that Mr Boiler's back pain has cleared up.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 21st January 2019 at 00:12.

hello my mam did it in a sort of polite way then she couldnt speak but it was embarassing in front of the carers most of my mothers siblings and some family could be cruel ,I take citalopram its a very mild ssri my friend takes medicine for anxiety and she says change it every couple of years as it becomes less effective

Forum Member
    Boiler, I just wanted to say thank you so much for your honesty in sharing this. My dad has MND and my mum was his carer for just a month (prior to and following that month he was under section and in a mental hospital), before diagnosis but when he had some symptoms, but when I spent time with her last Christmas, after that month had passed, she said a lot about how she didn't want to live with him any more and could never forgive him for the impact his behaviour had had on the family. At the time I was horrified and couldn't understand how she could be feeling like that, but posts like this bring home to me how much stress she must have been under (coupled with a fantastically unhelpful team of social workers and carers) and it all makes a bit more sense. I am in awe of your strength.