Thread: How to clean your nose

Forum Member

How to clean your nose

Hi all, just a quick one, I do everything for my wife except clean her nose, she has not got enough puff to blow it, I clean her a number 2's but can't bring myself to stick my finger up her nose, don't think my fingers are small enough anyway, is the a spray that will soften it, available from the chemist?

Thanks

dave.

Hi Dave;

You must be under a lot of pressure because you have forgotten that you've only recently posted a similar thing:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...highlight=nose

Also you can probably get a toilet seat that washes and drys her bottom from your OT or the Mnda.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hello Dave,

I have seen various nasal sprays on the Boots website, but I expect that if you go to any local pharmacy you should be able to purchase one from there.

There should be someone available at the pharmacy to speak to, so that you can make sure that you get a nasal spray suitable for your wife's needs.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 21st December 2018 at 01:26.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    Thanks Kayliegh, I will try and get something tomorrow.

Forum Member
    The hospital loaned us a suction machine. Basically, a plastic tube you can use in the nose or mouth to get out saliva with a suction pump on the other end. Was a life saver.
    Hanging in there, one day at a time.

Forum Member
    I use cotton buds with my husband, it works well.