Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Working and what happens next?

I personally don't feel safe driving now, im struggling to turn my head and reversing is terrible, so ive give up, even though the DVLA say im ok to drive.....its just hassle that I don't need.
    Cheers,

Mick

Sorry about that Mick. I'm thinking that I might have to give up driving soon too because last time that I drove it was a bit of a challenge to turn corners because of my weakening hands and arms. It wasn't obvious at the time and I managed everything, but I could tell that this ability was waning. I haven't driven in a few weeks so don't know if it's got worse yet. I don't go out alone any more because I'm using a 4 wheeled walker sometimes and I cannot manage to lift it in and out of the car. I could with the 3 wheeled walker that I used to take out. Also, when I'm out lately my husband pushes me in my lightweight manual wheelchair. I'm researching about WAVs. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Mick;

Sorry to hear that you've had to stop diving but it's good to do that before have a mishap.

I live in a quite area so was able to drive for a little longer safely than if the area was very busy.

Love Terry