Thread: Publicity

Publicity

There was brief mention on Radio4 this morning that Doddie Weir's foundation has raised over a million pounds for MND.

He has been awarded an OBE for services to rugby and charity.

Doug

Hello Doug,

I hope you have had a great Christmas and that you had a delicious Christmas lunch - hopefully, one of your favourites, the Christmas pud, was particularly enjoyable this year! LOL

Many thanks for letting us know about Doddie Weir being awarded an OBE.

Many congratulations to Doddie!

When I read your post in the morning, I thought that it is not only wonderful that Doddie is being recognised for his services to rugby and significant fundraising but it is also great that the publicity around him receiving an OBE should also raise awareness of MND. After you had heard his name briefly mentioned on the radio, I was looking forward to him being mentioned on the TV news. However, although I expect that he was mentioned on the TV news in Scotland that day, I did not hear his name mentioned on the TV news in England. It is such a shame and disappointing that although other sports stars receiving awards were mentioned, as far as I am aware, Doddie wasn't. Never mind - when he receives his award from the Queen, hopefully Doddie will be wearing one of his wonderful eye-catching suits and this will prompt the news reporters to include him on the TV news in all regions that day!

Very best wishes for the New Year.
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 31st December 2018 at 02:19.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!