Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is MR Mobile Scanner

Forum Member
    I had a head scan in the Mobile MRI at Salford Royal in November - it is a trailer parked outside one of the exterior doors of the hospital..

There are a few steps from ground level to the scanner door. As you go in there is a mini room on the right to store coats etc; on the left is the control desk and further left is the scanner itself.Any glasses have to be left at the control desk

Earplugs are inserted and then earmuffs worn and if the head is being scanned then a cage-like helmet has to be worn. You are also given a squeezy switch in case you have any problem.

On finishing I was told some people have a dizzy spell and I did - I made it back to the cafe to recover.
    The other thing to watch out for is that dental fillings can be loosened
    Last edited by Dis1960; 30th December 2018 at 14:15. Reason: Forgot the earmuffs:-)

Hello Emma,

I have been thinking of you and your family.

Although this is not an easy time for you all, I hope you and your family were able to have an enjoyable Christmas.

Hopefully Paddy's MRI scans went smoothly today.

Love to you all, Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th December 2018 at 17:17.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    hi kayleigh
    yes we had an enjoyable christmas, i hope you and your family had a good one

paddy had his MRI today, it was a mobile scanner unit in the car park
    it wasnt the best experience, but he got through it
    the worst part was an hour of silence (apart from the noise of the scanner)
    love
    emma x

Hi Emma,

I am glad you and your family enjoyed Christmas.

I had an enjoyable Christmas with my family.

I expect that Paddy is relieved that his MRI scan is over with. When I had my scan, there was music playing inside the scanner, which helped to pass the time - that must have seemed a very long time for Paddy to have to lie there without anything to listen to!

It has probably been a very tiring day for both of you. I hope you have a relaxing evening.

Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    hi kayleigh
    quiet night ahead, maybe watch a film with the kids
    love
    emma x

That sounds good Emma. I am going to watch TV and relax with a cuppa and some Christmas chocs. I hope your kids are enjoying their school holidays (hopefully teachers have not given them too much homework!) x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th December 2018 at 20:02.