• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Hi Emma,

Although, sometimes it is easier to get the housework done after they are packed away - as the decs can be such 'dust collectors!'- this was a comment by my husband this year which made me smile. He has a new apprecition of what keeping the house clean involves - a sign of the times, as he and the rest of family are helping me out much more with the housework nowadays. Not necessarily a bad thing, because I can remember that me and my siblings did quite a lot to help around the house when we were growing up, and maybe more than kids are expected to do these days to earn their 'pocket money'.

In some ways, my diagnosis has brought me and my family closer together and we are more of a 'team' now.

Kayleigh x

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Kayleigh

If you are interested in learning chess you can go to the chess.com site it free to play there as well as learn all the basics and then go from there.

Terry had asked me to play there a few years back and its a very fun site to play the game on. You can play other forum members here that play there, as well as people all around the world.

CCxox

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Hi CC,

A very happy new year to you and your family. I hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas celebrations.

Many thanks for letting me know about that chess website. I am definitely going to give it a try.

A bit crazy that at my age I don't know how to play yet - but with the option of learning and playing online, I think that chess will be a new hobby that I will enjoy!

Kayleigh x

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Kayleigh

Its never to late to learn. I didn't know a lot of stuff about the game when I started there Terry taught me so much. You can find us both there if you decide to give it a go let me know your user name there I'll send you a friend request.

There are lot of men there for some reason, it seems to be a very male dominated game so more women playing would be nice.

Its an exciting game as a woman you'll command and army! I have kings from all around the world in my dungeon including Terry's, but of course his king gets special treatment I let his queen come and visit him from time to time ...

CCxox

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Hi CC,

It sounds like the World of online chess is very exciting and full of intrigue.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I am going to start learning next week and will let you know how I get on.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Kayleigh x
            Last edited by Kayleigh; 5 January 2019, 19:29.

Comment

• Ellie
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post

... Try to cut down on watching so much 'tat' on TV (perhaps watch more documentries and episodes of University Challenge rather than The Chase).
              Hi K,

I was thinking of you the other night watching telly when I stumbled across "The Chase Bloopers" - I think you'd love Bradley even more if you watched it

Couldn't imagine Paxo having such fun on UC!!!

Love Ellie.
              ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Kayleigh
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Hi Ellie,

I saw a Chase bloopers show on TV at Christmas - Brad makes me laugh so much - trouble is that if I laugh too much it can sometimes make me gasp for breath, so I have to make sure that I don't get too over-excited LOL!

Loved Brad in the new Dr Who - so sad that we are going to have to wait for such a long time for the new series

Havn't watched Paxo on UC yet this year- don't you think that there is a certain attractive moodiness about him? LOL

Did you see 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' on TV last week - one of the questions was: what is the name of the female friend on 'car share' - of course I wouldn't have known the answer, if you hadn't mentioned that TV prog when you kindly welcomed me to the forum!

I hope you are settling in to your new home. Must be wonderful to be in the countryside, where it is picturesque and peaceful

Love and best wishes to you and your family,

Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 January 2019, 16:23.

Comment

• Ellie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

So now we know your Guilty Crush is Paxo

Stunningly beautiful here today. I am very lucky to have found this house, lovely countryside but 5 mins drive to shops, pharmacy etc and 5 mins to motorway for school and work.

E X
                  ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Kayleigh
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2018

Yes Ellie - Admittedly, he is one of many!!

Peace and beautiful countryside but also shops close by - sounds like the perfect location to me! I expect you are looking forward to the beauty of Springtime as well- I definitely am because apart from a few birds visiting the feeder, my garden looks rather boring in Winter ... roll on Spring!

Kayleigh x
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 January 2019, 21:44.

Comment

• Deb
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2018

This made me really smile because I knew the answer to the car share "Kayleigh " question on Who wants to be a millionaire? My family wanted to know how I knew but I didn't say I had read it on here.

Not sure about Jeremy Paxo though Kayleigh as a crush.... I might need to have another look at him.

Eliie. So glad you're enjoying your new home. It will be lovely in the spring.

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Kayleigh
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2018

Hey Deb - stop eyeing-up Paxo, he's mine!!! LOL

If you are interested in a Jeremy "crush", there is always that one who presents "Who wants to be a Millionaire" - no where near as dashing as Paxo though! LOL

P.S That Kayleigh looks nothing like me - I am far more attractive and have far fewer wrinkles ha,ha (but I might have do something about all those kitty whiskers!!!)
                        Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 January 2019, 21:40.

Comment

Working...
                        X