Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy new year

Forum Member
    Such a nice poem Kayleigh. It describes the forum community so well. Our very best wishes to everyone. Philip and Carol

Forum Member
    What a lovely poem, Kayleigh !

Wishing everyone on the forum all the very best for 2019. Happy New Year and thank you for all the support and friendship this year .

Love Debbie x

Great poem that we can all relate to. Happy New year every one xx

Thank you all for your kind comments and best wishes.

Christmas decs have been taken down in my house, quality street tin is nearly empty (only a few of the unpopular toffee ones are left), and kids back to school and husband back to work next week - and so it will soon be back to the 'usual' routine.

My new years resolutions:

1. Try to cut down on watching so much 'tat' on TV (perhaps watch more documentries and episodes of University Challenge rather than The Chase).

2. Learn how to play chess (everyone in my family plays it, and so it is about time that I learnt the rules so that I can join in!).

Hope that 2019 is going ok for you all so far.

Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    hi kayleigh
    i know what you mean
    back to the normal day to day
    always a sad time when the decs come down
    love
    emma x

Hi Emma,

Although, sometimes it is easier to get the housework done after they are packed away - as the decs can be such 'dust collectors!'- this was a comment by my husband this year which made me smile. He has a new apprecition of what keeping the house clean involves - a sign of the times, as he and the rest of family are helping me out much more with the housework nowadays. Not necessarily a bad thing, because I can remember that me and my siblings did quite a lot to help around the house when we were growing up, and maybe more than kids are expected to do these days to earn their 'pocket money'.

In some ways, my diagnosis has brought me and my family closer together and we are more of a 'team' now.

Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh

If you are interested in learning chess you can go to the chess.com site it free to play there as well as learn all the basics and then go from there.

Terry had asked me to play there a few years back and its a very fun site to play the game on. You can play other forum members here that play there, as well as people all around the world.

CCxox

Hi CC,

A very happy new year to you and your family. I hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas celebrations.

Many thanks for letting me know about that chess website. I am definitely going to give it a try.

A bit crazy that at my age I don't know how to play yet - but with the option of learning and playing online, I think that chess will be a new hobby that I will enjoy!

Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh

Its never to late to learn. I didn't know a lot of stuff about the game when I started there Terry taught me so much. You can find us both there if you decide to give it a go let me know your user name there I'll send you a friend request.

There are lot of men there for some reason, it seems to be a very male dominated game so more women playing would be nice.

Its an exciting game as a woman you'll command and army! I have kings from all around the world in my dungeon including Terry's, but of course his king gets special treatment I let his queen come and visit him from time to time ...

CCxox

Hi CC,

It sounds like the World of online chess is very exciting and full of intrigue.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I am going to start learning next week and will let you know how I get on.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 5th January 2019 at 20:29.