Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Long To Wait For MRI Results

Hi Emma,
    Hopefully, someone here will know if the GP is likely to be able to prescribe medication for spasticity (without a diagnosis/without it initially being prescribed by a neurologist) - so that you don't have the hassle of going to the GP, unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 7th January 2019 at 16:57.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    hi
    paddys just had his appointment for neurology come through
    28th of feb still nearly 6 weeks off, but at least its a date
    good thing is ,its at our local hospital in bury
    otherwise it would have been a nightmare to get to
    salford royal for 8.30
    love
    emma x

Hi Emma,

That's good to hear that Paddy has got an appointment through - and perhaps the phone call you made to the consultant's secretary helped to get things moving?

A little while until the appointment, but as you say, much more convenient that it is at Bury - and, hopefully, with it being so early in the morning, it will be easy for you to get a parking space!

Best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 12th January 2019 at 17:54.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Hi Emma. Good luck with the appointment at Fairfield. I had my first one there but it wasn't good. He sent me for a back MRI but discharged me. So that Paddy doesn't get the brush off too I'd write down all symptoms and situations that he's had difficulty with. I guess that I was too positive on my first appointment. Maybe I ought to have moaned more and came with a list like I'm suggesting to you. I go to Salford now and all appointments since diagnosis (that was a morning appointment) have been during the afternoon which is much better. The clinic for my neurologist (Amina Chaouch) is Wednesday afternoons. Good luck. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    hi lynne
    thanks for the reply
    the one good thing is that by the time the appointment comes round
    they should have all the MRI's results at hand ready to look at (paddy has had 4 so far)

just getting a bit fed up and frustrated, once where we took things for granted like nipping out to go shopping
    we have to plan iike a military operation
    just dont get me started, on having to push a wheelchair with a 14 stone bloke, from asda's to argos and matalan no dropped curbs

anyway thats enough of my rant, hope you are a lot better today
    love
    emma x

Forum Member
    mywife and I shop online Sainsburys and Tescos are really good - quicker than the Normandy invasion in wheelchairs

I second that about the convenience of online grocery deliveries. It is nice to get out and about and to pop into some shops, but I find it much easier to get the weekly food shop delivered - usually by Morrisons or Sainsburys.

Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    hi
    thanks everyone
    yes we do online shopping, its a big help
    but sometimes paddy just wants to get out
    i think he gets stir-crazy being stuck in,
    love
    emma x

Hi Emma,

I agree it's good to get out and about, if we can. Although I get a weekly grocery delivery, there's always a few bits and pieces that I need to pop out for. I expect that you have developed very strong arm muscles, especially with the lack of drop-downs when you go shopping!!

Kayleigh xx

I know about the lack of dropped kerbs in and around Bury. My husband and my daughter have pushed me but not as far as Asda. We've stayed around The Rock which is bad enough. Dial-a-ride will pick up and drop wheelchair users and collect and take home at a predetermined time. I haven't used that service but have seen others do so. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.