Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALS- MND ongoing

Hi Jonboy,

I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Hopefully, that 'trick cyclist' is kind to you - but, of course, those 'trick cycling' sessions are not compulsory!

Hopefully, you will be back home with your wife very soon.

TTFN.
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th January 2019 at 23:01.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    respite at the hospice is over - did not enjoy it, too much invasion of my privacy and many other issues I will not whinge about. I used to help raise 18000 ish a year for this hospice so I do not feel guilty about staying there.

The positive outcome was OT have lent me an active mattress for my profiling bed, which is totally awesome. Try one out if you can.

Hi Jonboy

Welcome home! I expect you are glad to be back home with your wife, after being away for so long - and the good news is that you are back in time to watch 'Dancing on Ice' this evening!

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at the hospice very much. Understandably, staying at a hospice might not be everyone's 'cup of tea', but they provide a wealth of support that many of us would be feel lost without, and so thanks for all your fundraising Jonboy - you are a kind and cool guy!

Thanks for the tip about the comfort of an 'active mattress'. I had not heard of them before and so googled them. Looks like they can be a little pricey to purchase, and so it's great if they can be sourced for us via our OT etc.

http://https://www.careco.co.uk/item-s-bd03021/softform-premier-active-2-mattress/

I hope you enjoy being back with your home comforts again, and that you have a great afternoon/evening (even if you don't watch Gemma Collins and other celebs ice-skating on TV! ) .

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 3rd February 2019 at 15:47.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!