• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Hi BN,

I hope all goes well with getting adapted housing/move to a new home.

Also, many congratulations on your impending marriage.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23 January 2019, 23:29.

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Hi BN;

Hows your BNose?

Hope you get your accommodation sorted out soon. See if Mnda connect can push it forward for you.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Nose is fine. All the time it's left alone hurts like he'll when people helping me bump it

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Hi BN,

That's the lovely thing about Mnd, you get a injury which is not so bad for a normal person but because of our limited mobility and needing help. It's a major problem.

Never broken my nose but I have people try.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

I fell again yesterday broke my right fibula stuck in hospital as unsafe transfers

Comment

• Lynne K
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2017

Oh dear. I hope that your broken fibula heals quickly. I've fallen twice at home since I got out of hospital. It's very difficult to get up and takes ages but so far doable with my husbands help. No serious damage done, but hurts like hell getting into position to get up, and getting up. It squashes my operation wound. Lynne
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• shrew
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2018

So sorry BN, hope you recover soon x

Comment

• Kayleigh
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2018

Hello BN,

Sorry to hear about your fall. That must have been very painful, and I hope you didn't have to wait long for an ambulance this time.

Hopefully, you are being looked after very well in hospital.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Kayleigh x
                  Last edited by Kayleigh; 23 January 2019, 20:57.

Comment

• Deb
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2018

Oh BN... That's so awful!

It is so easy to fall and the consequences are upsetting both mentally and physically. I really hope you are getting good care in hospital. Sending you a virtual hug.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Just home been to Oxford to meet MND team now shattered got my recline and. Rise chair but it's covered in memory foam.. I can't move on it

Comment

• Deb
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2018

You are having such a rough time BN ...I really hope you get some things in place to help you
                        soon and that the MND team have some ideas to keep you safe.

I have had the physio and OT ( twice ) to my home this week as I have been struggling recently and they had suggestions and ideas to make life easier that I had not thought of.

I really hope you have a comfortable evening.
                        Love Debbie x

Comment

Thanks Deb every thing they put in place has memory foam stealing the little movement I have today carer revved to get me up

Comment

• Kayleigh
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2018

Hi BN,

It's good to hear that you are back home, after your stay in hospital following your fall. I hope you ok and that you are making a good recovery.

I agree about the memory foam - it might have been a good friend in the past, but it's definitely not my best friend now!

Hopefully your appointment in Oxford went well yesterday and arrangements have been made for you to receive the support you need.

Best wishes
                            Kayleigh x

Comment

• Lynne K
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2017

Hi BN. I hope that your rise and recline chair can be reupholstered and the memory foam taken out. I bought an IKEA top of the range memory foam mattress topper and was very disappointed about it. If you lay in the same position for a while and then try to turn its near impossible and even if I managed it I was left lying on bumps caused by the previous position. What a stupid invention. I got my hubby to take off the offending topper and ordered a Silent Night Max-Air bed topper, about a third of the price of the Ikea one. The reviews state make a mattress that too hard comfy. Just what I want. We've been using an old topper that doesn't offer much comfort, but the new one arrived this morning so I'm looking forward to the first good night's sleep since we moved to this flat with the IKEA bed in November. One has to think positive.

About rise and recline chairs. Mine is on order. I did not choose memory foam. I'm relieved about that now. The cushioning on the demo chair that Oak Tree Mobility brought was very comfy anyway. In fact it was the first chair that I've sat on in about 38 years that I haven't had to use a cushion for my back support. I've had severe back trouble that long. I look forward to getting it.

Good luck with getting your chair and any other unhelpful equipment sorted out or replaced. Lynne
                              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X