Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for throat clearing

Good to hear the cold is going away BN;

Something positive.

So sorry to hear of your fall, Something negative.

Broken nose, 2 hours on the floor, etc. disastrous.

When I use a walker, I leave the brakes on and slide the rear wheels along. I also have a gallon of water as ballast.

Hope the sore nose soon stops hurting.

Love Terry

I don't need to put a gallon of water in mine Terry - it is already weighed down enough with "stuff " - drinks, snacks, lipstick, mobile phone, perfume, comb, mirror, tissues, hand cream etc - a bit like a lady's handbag really!

I am too weak to push with brakes on. Don't really push at all just hold and walk

Hi BN,

I can't push my rollator with the brakes on either, but I find it gives me enough stability to walk safely, as it is.

If you start to find it difficult and/or tiring to walk with your rollator, hopefully your local wheelchair services will be helpful in providing you with an electric wheelchair. My legs are not so good, and so I find that using my electric wheelchair sometimes rather than the rollator really helps with being able to get around. Your phsio or OT might have already spoken to you about your local wheelchair services, but if not, there might be details about wheelchair services on you local council's website (or they might have their own website).

I hope your cold has cleared up and that you are ok after your recent fall.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x

Unfortunately where I am living is not suitable for electric wheelchair I am waiting to either get adapted housing from local authority or use my pension in one lump as deposit for a home with my eldest and soon to be husband and get that modified

Hi BN,

I hope all goes well with getting adapted housing/move to a new home.

Also, many congratulations on your impending marriage.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23rd January 2019 at 23:29.

Hi BN;

Hows your BNose?

Hope you get your accommodation sorted out soon. See if Mnda connect can push it forward for you.

Love Terry

Nose is fine. All the time it's left alone hurts like he'll when people helping me bump it

Hi BN,

That's the lovely thing about Mnd, you get a injury which is not so bad for a normal person but because of our limited mobility and needing help. It's a major problem.

Never broken my nose but I have people try.

Love Terry

I fell again yesterday broke my right fibula stuck in hospital as unsafe transfers