X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

Enjoying the break and I found my laughter uncontrollable when the comedian performed last night. Special offer on a full body Swedish massage so I am going for pampering this afternoon.

Happy weekend all.
    Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Newbie17
      Forum Member
      • May 2017

Funnily enough Kayleigh, my hubby often refers to himself as my butler.
      He’s pretty amazing but I wouldn’t mind a younger model! Shhhh.... x

Barry, have a great weekend, take it easy and please post a review x

Comment

• Lynne K
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

Glad that you had a good laugh last night Barry. I hope that you enjoy your pampering this afternoon. Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Deb
          Forum Member
          • May 2018

I am liking the butler,Kayleigh but I am not sure he would be as good as my husband at massaging my feet and putting on my "foot ups " before I get out of bed.

Lynne, I hope you are ok after your fall..its so horrible when your legs give way. Your new bed sounds great and hope you're ok after your operation.

Have a great , pampering weekend Barry. I have been inspired to google Warner weekend breaks.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.
          Love Debbie x

Comment

• Lynne K
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2017

Hi Deb. Despite the new mattress I still get serious pain in my back. I get up earlier than my husband when I've had all that I can take of back pain. It does ease when I get up. The divan that we slept on in the other house did not do this. I loved the hospital bed because both ends rose and it was set in just the right position for my comfort and it was easier breathing. I don't know what to do to get the same comfort. My husband took off the memory foam topper because it didn't help and made the bed top high. Hopefully the foam wedge that my OT is trying to get will help. With a very deep mattress it won't bend but hopefully we can put something under the foot of it and encourage it to bend a bit. I'm seriously fed up with intense bsvk pain every night (after a few hours lying flat). I'm still sore from my op. But no regrets. Lynne
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Kayleigh
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2018

Hi Barry,

Glad you are enjoying your weekend away.

I hope you didn't get jaw ache from all that laughing - the comedian sounds like the perfect entertainment to cheer you up after your fall!

I hope you enjoyed the massage today.

(I expect that some of us will be googling Warner breaks now - they sound great!)

Take care,
              Kayleigh x
              Last edited by Kayleigh; 19 January 2019, 18:33.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Hi Lynne,

It is good that you found the bed in hospital so comfortable - but a shame that you could not bring it home with you! -as it sounds like a hospital bed would be perfect, especially with your back problems.

As some people with MND are supplied with hospital beds free of charge, I presume that at some point we might be supplied with one - but I don't know what symptoms we would need to have before that happens.

Best wishes
                Kayleigh
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 20 January 2019, 00:27.

Comment

• Deb
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2018

Hi Lynne,

So sorry about your back..As Kayleigh says,it seems so unfair that you have found a comfortable bed in hospital and it isn't provided for you at home. There is enough to cope with, without such pain.Hopefully your OT will have some solutions that will make you more comfortable.

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Barry52
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2012

What a difference a massage makes. I recommend it for anyone with spasticity and it may be possible to get a grant from MNDA to pay for some treatment. Ask your OT or regional care advisor.

I also recommend Warner’s hotels for a break since they have good facilities for disabilities and all your food and entertainment is on site. If you don’t mind dodging other wheelchairs or walkers it is the perfect place to wind down and recharge the batteries and that goes for your carer also.

Best wishes from a fully charged Barry
                    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Kayleigh
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2018

Thanks for the helpful recommendation Barry. Great to hear that you are relaxed and refreshed.

Also, good to hear that Warners is a perfect place for us to re-charge our batteries - I do know what you mean, but your comment did make me smile, because it reminded me of a certain pink bunny ........

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OkgtHr0pWhU

Kayleigh x

Comment

Working...
                      X