Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken record

Hi Helen,
    I hope you and family had a great time celebrating your daughter's Birthday at the weekend.
    Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x

Hi Kayleigh
    We had some lovely birthday celebrations thanks.
    On Saturday, we went to our loca Italian, they really look after me and we can walk home too! I have to drive of course in my chair. Good thing I can’t be breathalysed or can I?!

Talking about modifications to power chairs, has anyone managed to attach a drinks holder? Handy for my glass of wine! No , seriously it would be useful. I’d also like to be able to stretch my legs out, sitting all day with my knees bent isn’t great.
    Maybe a sun canopy, pushchairs have them or an umbrella attachment, my golf trolley had one! Somewhere to put my phone .......I could go on and on!

Love Helen

"Ciao Helen",

Great to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic time celebrating your daughter's Birthday! It's always great to go out for a 'cheeky Italian' occasionally - in my opinion, Italian food and wine is the best!

(You may have already noticed - I have posted some suggestions about wheelchair/powerchair accessories in the 'electric wheelchair' thread, after Terry's post).

"Arrivederci"

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 16th January 2019 at 04:03.

Oops not read that. Will have to catch up!
    Ciao!!

Hi Kayleigh,

Excuse me but I’m the Gigolo here with my chicken shack in Tuscany and I agree that the best food in the world comes from Italy. First class ingredients cooked simply and they have more wine varieties than any other country.

My shack is no longer suitable for me but I am waiting for confirmation of a disability friendly resort south of Rome this summer.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Buongiorno Barry!

An Italian food and wine expert,
    that's so undeniably you!
    Shame about the chicken shack,
    maybe CC will buy it from you?
    You worked in a sugar factory,
    a sweetie through and through!
    News alert - also a Gigolo?
    how adventurous of you!
    Have a great holiday in Italy,
    "Buon appetito", enjoy the Tiramisu!
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17th January 2019 at 02:20.

Thanks for the poem Kayleigh. Your talent is boundless.

I don’t profess to being a wine expert but I have tried many “hic”.

Roll on summer. I traveled up north yesterday to take my mum for hospital tests and woke up this morning to snow. Not looking forward to going out with two of us using walkers in the snow but at least if we have an accident we will be close to A&E.

Barry x

Hi Barry,

I hope you and your mum have been ok going out in the snow. I hadn't realised that there is snow in the North. I have been a bit too distracted by all the drama of Brexit on TV - will it be Brexit Deal or No Deal? - it's not easy to fathom out what's going on!

Talking of snow and ice, when I was able to walk outside, I used grips on my trainers or boots in the snow/ice and they worked very well. There are different brands and styles available - mine were like these:-

http://https://www.blacks.co.uk/footwear/106397-yak-trax-walker-snow-grips.html/518535/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istItemId=raxlamltx&istBid=tzxm&gclid =EAIaIQobChMI1KPFuPv03wIVybTtCh0dkwEEEAQYByABEgJV4 PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I hope your mum's hospital appointment went well.

Stay safe, and as we always say on this forum - don't fall!

Best wishes to you and your mum,
    Kayleigh x

Thanks Kayleigh.

We got there and back safely but for us an inch of snow can seem like an avalanche. I used to wear snow grips on my shoes before MND but I now think twice about venturing out.

Take care.
    Barry

Hi Barry,

Good to hear that you and your mum got home safely. I expect you were glad to get out of the cold and snow.

So true about not wanting to venture out in bad weather, but sometimes unavoidable for hospital appointments etc. A shame that there aren't snow/ice grips for rollator wheels.

I hope you and your mum have a lovely relaxing evening.

Kayleigh x