Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken record

I spoke about defying the snow to get Mum to hospital only to trip up in her house. Fortunately she has carpet everywhere so my head dive was softened. I now look like the devil with his horns removed because I have 2 bright red carpet grazes on my forehead. Not a good look for a weekend away in a Warner’s hotel.

Best wishes to all.
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Oh dear Barry, I would kiss your forehead better if I could - because it's probably my fault for including the words 'don't fall' in a recent post to you!

It's lovely that you've got a weekend away in a hotel to look forward to. I have never been to a Warner hotel, but from the adverts on TV, they look like great places for rest, relaxation and plenty of pampering.

I hope you are feeling ok.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 18th January 2019 at 19:10.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    Hi Barry
    Really sorry to hear you have had a fall. It just happens, I know. Do you think you will be joining the black eyes club like us?! One thing really good to hear is that you will be away for a Warners break. That should take your mind off it because there will be lots to do. Let us know what the entertainments like, I believe it's really good.
    Have a great weekend
    Fru x

Forum Member
    So sorry you've had a fall Barry, Its rubbish and so frustrating.

Hope you're not too sore and that it doesn't spoil your weekend away. Maybe the horns will add to your devilishly good looks.

Love Debbie x

Sorry about your fall Barry. Maybe the same time that I had a fall at home (my knee twisted as I got up from the settee and I crumpled). I hope that you have a nice time this weekend at the Warner Hotel. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

That sounds painful Lynne. I have got weak muscles around my knees and so I have to be very careful to get up from a chair or bed slowly, as they can sometimes 'give way' like yours did. I always use my rollator or walking frame for support whilst standing up.

Grab rails for the bed are also useful for giving support whilst getting in and out of bed - maybe something that OTs or similar should provide - but as with many things, in reality it might be a bit of a postcode lottery about whether they are provided free of charge, and how long it takes to get them.

I hope you are OK now and that you have an enjoyable weekend.

Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Thanks Kayleigh. I have a bed guard given by local services. I pull on that to help me get out of bed but it's still hard. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Hi Lynne,

It's good that you have already been provided with a bed guard.

We could both do with one of those fancy adjustable beds, like this:-
    https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/b...yABEgKgu_D_BwE

Or failing that, a 'mattress genie' (I never knew these existed before today!):-
    https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/bed-...yABEgKJoPD_BwE

Plus, we definitely need choose one of these each (every lady of the house should have at least one to assist her! LOL):-
    https://www.google.com/search?q=butl...BmZufKpdPtf9kM

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 19th January 2019 at 00:07.

Forum Member
    sorry about your fall Barry. Hope you are feeling better soon and enjoy your break!

Hi Kayleigh. We exchanged our thin Ikea sprung mattress for their supa dupa 2 layer pocket sprung best one. It sits on slats and is very deep so won't bend for a gadget underneath it. My OT is trying to get me a simple foam bed wedge that goes under pillows. Lynne