Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riluzole

Hybrid View

Riluzole

Is anyone having trouble getting any brand of riluzole other than Glentek. Have been trying for a week. We are on second chemist who are trying for a second time with a different supplier. First chemist tried three times but the suppliers kept sending Glenteck. Steve had been having trouble with that brand with numbness and tingling in the mouth. We had been able to get other brands for the last few months. Keep being told they are in short supply. Hopefully will get some on Tuesday. Also apparently Glentek are the cheapest!

Sue

Forum Member
    Mick's say Ascend on the box?

Hi Sue;

Not so far, I always ask for Riluzole Teva 56 x 50mg (NOT GLENTECH BRAND prefers teva or actavis) because of that reason. Riluzole are OK as well I think.

I can only say to take them in a little yogurt and keep trying for another brand as Glentech's coating melts so quick.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Terry will see what we get on Tuesday but if can only get the Glentek will try the yoghurt.

Sue

Hi Sue, the wife is unable to swallow so has the oral solution, has teglutik on the box, not sure if you can get this in any other form though. Hope this helps on your search for an alternative
    Tim and Mary

Hi Tim;

I think that Teglutik still has the license and therefore the only one that can sell liquid Riluzole.

They sell it somewhere over 120 for 4 weeks supply compared with around 11 for the tablets.

That's why Doctors don't want to prescribe it unless needed.

Love Terry

Thanks Terry, as the wife can't swallow I guess they had no choice other than to go for the more expensive option,.
    Tim and Mary

Managed to get a different brand yesterday, but it’s taken over a week to get it. If same happens next month will try try the yoghurt with Glenteck.

It’s all down to costs, Boots try to avoid getting the more expensive brands in, and apparently Glenteck is the cheapest.

Sue

Sue;

I think that the other two brands are the same price unless they get a offer on Glenteck. I think Riluteck brand is a few pounds more.

Love Terry

My latest batch, supplied by Pharmacy2U, is film coated Riluzole made by SUN Pharma. The previous lot was Glentek.

Doug